8 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Plastic insert needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted to my collection part requests, but I'm looking for the plastic insert for the base game and/or the original box. I was able to pick up a copy of this wonderful game brand new for $18 because the box was damaged on the bottom. However, it also permanently damaged the plastic insert, making it difficult to fit cards in places. I'm hoping someone has a spare that has moved away from the original insert. If I don't get a response I may just go ahead and go the foam core insert route, as I was planning on doing once I collect all the expansions anyway.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
You might consider the ones offered by 3rd parties like Broken Token or Go7Gaming instead of the original one.

Trust me, after a couple of games you'll fall in love with this game and want to get every possible expansion and the base core insert doesn't have enough room...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
replacing that insert is the first thing that most players do anyway so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Plenty of places offer custom inserts that are much nicer and will fit more expansions in them as well. In the least though, if someone out there still has their insert, I'm sure they would give it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy any of the big-box expansions, you could store your cards in those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:

Agree with this. I use the Vilains box as it fits most of the cards perfectly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
LocutusZero wrote:

Agree with this. I use the Vilains box as it fits most of the cards perfectly

Yep, if you find you like the game, you should buy Dark City ASAP anyway, so you can just use that box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to send an original insert your way. Let me know if you're still interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to everyone for your quick responses. Parker, I will shoot you a PM with my details if you're willing to part with yours. I really like the idea of the 3rd party inserts, but might start with a foamboard solution once I get a couple more expansions...if the original insert doesn't work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.