Magallian
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are quite a lot of promo miniatures (and pinups) from Kingdom Death. From what I have understood so far is that some of them might come with a gear card or not (which perhaps might be available later on after playtesting.)

I am just curious if these characters make an appearance in the variety of stories and adventures of the core game. Let's take the messenger promo's for example. As far as I know at this moment some if not all can be added to the game and that's about it (for now.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Alexander
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
They serve no mechanical purpose in the game at present.

There are events which refer to strangers/inhabitants, which do indeed have models, however, you do not "interact" with them, and they have no mechanics. They are merely referenced.

Though I am rather tempted to start building dioramas of the various events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the promos are represented by moves and gear.

For instance, kara comes with a giant stone face gear representing her model's gear, or a twilight knight model could obviously be represented someone with a twilight sword, and it seems likely that some of the unique survivors (like Paul) will get a signature gear element, since the have extra bits that are compatible with multipose kits.

Then there are things like, the savior model is obviously representing a model with savior special rules, and it's implicit (I think) that a white speaker represents a model using leyline walker as a jr. white speaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Buckley
msg tools
Though it should be pointed out that, according to Adam, some of these miniatures may be receiving rules/game scenarios in a future update.

No real word on exactly which ones or when, but don't count them out just yet. They have the molds for these various figures, and they know people would purchase them (if they dont already have them) if they came with a connection to KD:M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I love high heels.Microbadge: Kamikaze gamer - if I can't win, I'll take you down with me! BANZAI!!!Microbadge: Kingdom Death fan - Flower KnightMicrobadge: Resident Evil fanMicrobadge: Graphic Designer
Satan and the golden smoke knight make event appearances too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls