Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sharon Deuschle
United States
Addison
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously the stylus won't work on the TV screen. I was wondering how often you find yourself using the device you are mirroring FROM. Just to build armies?

I am going back and forth between an iPad Air2 or picking up a cheap flatscreen 20" or so and a Chromecast. The larger screen would be optimal for viewing, of course, but to build armies I would still have to use the stylus to peck at the screen on the Samsung S6. It's such a pain to use my glasses AND a magnifying glass that the last two armies I created I was just picking anything to get it doneshake

Can anyone else with bad eyes give me some feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's lots of cheap tablets on the market now...probably no more than the TV would cost. Have you considered getting something like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
ive mirrored it a few times on my apple tv, but honestly the den (where our apple tv is) isn't really condusive for playing games, so I just use my ipad air 2 on a stand a bought for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For army building and such I just use my iPad.

I have recently gotten a TV for use during demos and it is fun to play but I find that I don't look at the screen all that much anymore other than to check die rolls. It is really fun though to see it on a bigger screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished demo'ing at BGG.con with the device and mirrored TV and paid attention to how much I used the device.

I used the device to set up a scenario but never touched it beyond that.

The players to whom I was demo'ing played their scenarios without ever touching the device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
I only mirror to the big screen as playing just by device is not much fun for us. Screen is too small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.