Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Kenakin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm asking if this new Essential edition will totally replace the 2nd edition Viticulture because right now where I live I can currently find Tuscany to purchase, but I cannot find a version of Viticulture to purchase. Obviously if this Essential edition is the only version I will be able to get, then buying Tuscany seems redundant because the Essential edition includes some of the modules that are already in Tuscany.

Edit: Sorry I guess I didn't phrase this as well as I should have. What I meant is will Stonemaier Games stopping making the 2nd edition of Viticulture and only make the Essential edition in its place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. VEE is the Second Edition plus a few modules from Tuscany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
Microbadge: Wingspan: European ExpansionMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Terra Mystica fanMicrobadge: Tapestry - Exploration
Hi Peter. This page on the Stonemaier website explains the differences in detail. http://stonemaiergames.com/games/viticulture/essential-editi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also note that only some of the modules from Tuscany will be in the Essential Edition. There are three modules that a lot of people like that they are not including (the extended board, structures, and special workers). And there are four modules from Tuscany that they will never print again.

See this for a good breakdown: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1466205/case-tuscany

Edit: But I should add that they have said that they might print some of the best missing Tuscany modules in an expansion later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anaturalharmonic wrote:
Also note that only some of the modules from Tuscany will be in the Essential Edition. There are three modules that a lot of people like that they are not including (the extended board, structures, and special workers). And there are four modules from Tuscany that they will never print again.

See this for a good breakdown: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1466205/case-tuscany

Edit: But I should add that they have said that they might print some of the best missing Tuscany modules in an expansion later.
The completist in me wanted it all. I doubt I will be using Tuscany much, but knowing that I can is good enough and worth the investment.

*Quietly sits on his couch feeling very pleased with the boost in quality his games collection got in 2015*

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls