Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Above and Below» Forums » General

Subject: Clear Blue Dice from Rahdo Review? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Zwicker
United States
Grafton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The blue dice from the Rahdo review are the perfect color dice for Above and Below. I understood that it was a demo game, but i assumed those were the dice that were going to come with the game.

Those dice really fit the game, any one know where i could get hose dice?


 
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure where they are from but I picked these up from Chessex and they fit really well, kind of mystical/magical and the colors go well with Ryans art. The are the Chessex Vortex Teal



7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Chessex dice. I'm guessing Frosted Caribbean Blue.
Likely 16mm.
Many colors available.
Check out Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Chessex-Dice-d6-Sets-Caribbean/dp/B001...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are pretty dice, but I don't mind them being black because they're only used when you're exploring dark caves underground.

Islebound, OTOH, should have pretty sea-themed dice!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
mgabbert wrote:
Those are pretty dice, but I don't mind them being black because they're only used when you're exploring dark caves underground.
!
Mine aren't black, they're more a quite interesting dark dark bluey grey. I assumed the colour had been chosen to match the cave cards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
mgabbert wrote:
Those are pretty dice, but I don't mind them being black because they're only used when you're exploring dark caves underground.
!
Mine aren't black, they're more a quite interesting dark dark bluey grey. I assumed the colour had been chosen to match the cave cards.
You may be right. I'm at work and can't check mine. I just remember them being dark.

Edit to add: Actually, my copy is in my car. I'll double-check at lunch.

Updated to add: So I checked the dice at lunch. At first, in the box and shade of my car, they looked totally black. And then, when I brought them out into the sunlight, I found that they are indeed a "dark dark bluey grey".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Zwicker
United States
Grafton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope those are frosted, the dice on the video are clear i think

Lowden025 wrote:
Chessex dice. I'm guessing Frosted Caribbean Blue.
Likely 16mm.
Many colors available.
Check out Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Chessex-Dice-d6-Sets-Caribbean/dp/B001...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
shallowz wrote:
Nope those are frosted, the dice on the video are clear i think

Lowden025 wrote:
Chessex dice. I'm guessing Frosted Caribbean Blue.
Likely 16mm.
Many colors available.
Check out Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Chessex-Dice-d6-Sets-Caribbean/dp/B001...
Then try these;
http://www.amazon.com/WE-Games-Clear-Blue-Dice/dp/B00CQ9OWDY...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RZN3IY?psc=1&redirect=t...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Shakespeare fanMicrobadge: NMBR 9 fanMicrobadge: Azul fanMicrobadge: University of MichiganMicrobadge: Concept Fan
paxton73 wrote:
Those look like the ones.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! I had just finally gotten around to punching pieces and organizing the contents into baggies and plastic boxes this morning, and one of my first thoughts was, "Huh. What boring dice. Needs an upgrade!" I'm cheered to see I'm not the only one who thought this way.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McBee
Malta
Hamrun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The dice and the wooden cubes are going bye bye. The art work is really nice and yet those two components really don't gel with it. Translucent dice, either light blue or green, and coloured cabochon beads in lieu of the cubes!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls