Subject: Cards picked from the draft placed face down... why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess my initial reaction is that the game plays faster and there's less AP with cards played face down until you determine who collects the treasures, but I can't help but thinking that this is wrong.

Where's the intense strategy thinking about what to play since Jon to your left and Mary to your right are going after the Lava Treasures too?

Am I missing something?

EDIT: It's also harder for kids to be constantly looking at their cards played facedown meanwhile looking at all the cards splayed in their hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Satellite
Low Earth Orbit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine the math related AP that would happen if they were face up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: Caylus 1303 fanMicrobadge: Heart of CrownMicrobadge: Tyrants of the Underdark fanMicrobadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
ath3ist wrote:
I can't imagine the math related AP that would happen if they were face up.
This, a hundred times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
If you had to show what you picked, it would take away from the first draft being completely secret from the other players.

veector wrote:

EDIT: It's also harder for kids to be constantly looking at their cards played facedown meanwhile looking at all the cards splayed in their hands.
Trial by fire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls