We've been playing for a month or so now, mebbe between 10-20 games, and there's been a definite progression in the tiles we've found first ridiculous, then bearable, then paling in comparison to other great tiles. It seems like as we keep learning about the game, our sense of what is a "great" tile continually changes. This probably suggests it's also a great game.

Here's what we found at our various levels of experience:

So how does trading work again? (1-10 plays)

Alien Archeology (gain $4 when Stocking with Alien explorer)

Then: Oh my god why do you always have so much money
Now: I'll just put all these dice back in my cup. Oh wait I hardly need to everything was discounted to $1

Advanced Logistics (rearrange tiles at will during Explore, including facing)

Then: Hey, she's cheating! Wait... what. You can do what? No. NO OH GOD
Now: Justify your purpose, tile. Nope. Not good enough. Under the phase marker for you, bwahahaha!

I read my tableau every phase like a novel (11-20 plays)

Galactic Mandate (dictate once, reassign 3 times)

Then: Look I don't know why you're even bothering to roll your dice. Just go ahead and put them where you want. (Literally, the player who got this won every game)
Now: Oh, looks like everyone called the phases I was poised to leech off again. whistle

Galactic Recycling ($1 per development or world completed)

Then: Stocking? What's that?
Now: ... Actually, we're still in the "this is ridiculous" phase of this tile...

Ah, this starting combo again, I know how to play this... (21+ plays)

We ain't here yet. So 20+ers, and everyone under that - what are your OP and NP tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ErikPeter Walker
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
micromartians.com
badge
Expand
Microbadge: Are the cones a metaphor? Well, yes and no.Microbadge: I love rainy daysMicrobadge: Roguelike fanMicrobadge: Slay the Spire fanMicrobadge: I play with purple!

Alien Research Team. Sadly the only answer to this is never call Explore again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Voxen wrote:
Alien Research Team. Sadly the only answer to this is never
call Explore again.
I don't think we've even built this tile yet! Until recently we still thought Rebel Warrior Race (its pair?) was amazing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:

Galactic Mandate (dictate once, reassign 3 times)
Then: Look I don't know why you're even bothering to roll your dice. Just go ahead and put them where you want. (Literally, the player who got this won every game)
Now: Oh, looks like everyone called the phases I was poised to leech off again. whistle
Maybe this is a red forehead mistake, but I don't understand this one. It was good "then" and it's still good "now"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's still great But it doesn't win every game now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls