Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Grimley
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my game in front of me, but had a question on one of the power cards. It is the card that allows the Norse player to take Loki and replace any of the opposing players gods with him. I assume the other players god is then removed from the game? The question we had is does Loki get any Armor or Attack boosts the other player had on his god when he takes his place? Alternatively, if Loki is already on the board and has boosts, does he take those with him? Finally, it says "a full health Loki" so I know he gets his health back, but does any poison follow him or is that also removed? I find this card to be one of the most powerful on the Norse side. Automatically being able to wipe out another god on the board is big. Loving the game so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Elness
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
From the actual card:

"Discard one Standing Norse god and replace with a full health Loki. All [shields symbol], [weapons symbol], and [disable/traps symbol] transfer to Loki."

So, not an opposing god, but one of your own. And since it doesn't mention poison, I would presume that doesn't transfer.

Somewhat related to that, I do wonder what happens if a god who is poisoned loses all of its health and is then healed before being removed from the board. Do they keep their poison? I'm guessing yes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hopefully, Ryan Lesser will get going on a FAQ once he has some time. Last I checked, though, he was still working on finishing up fulfillment.

[Edit: I just checked, and there is a FAQ up on the website. It's far from comprehensive as yet, though. http://www.highheavensgame.com/faq/ ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lesser
United States
providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
You are correct that the it must be a Standing Norse god.
As for Poison:
Poison Ringchips are like Health Rongchips, and unlike Bonus Ringchips, in that the are removed from the god/Heavens when a god falls. This gives a god that can heal Fallen gods until their next Clean-Up phase to heal the Fallen god. No poison chips remain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
To piggyback this question, if Loki is poisoned, can he use his ability to offset 1 poison DOT per turn, by augmenting his health for that turn/each turn thereafter?
We ruled yes, because although the rules for poison state that you suffer the DOT at the start of your turn, there's no direction/limitation set as to when Loki's power can be put to use, chronologically, in a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.