Subject: Two players opinion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doctor Meeple
Spain
flag msg tools
www.DoctorMeeple.es
badge
Microbadge: Wordpress userMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: I Read Game Rules on the ToiletMicrobadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Follow me on Instagram
What do you think playing two players?
I saw it was "recommended" for 3 and up but I was planning to play mainly with my girlfriend so just asking opinions.
The solo variant has so nice opinions that it's a plus for this little big game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I play more with 2 than any other play count, for what it's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Board Game Plus Member!Microbadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Blood Bowl fanMicrobadge: Level 06 BGG poster
I've only played 2 player games so far and quite enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
Next time I'm in Pittsburg, we'll see if we can get it up to 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two players is just as good as 3 IMO. when you get to 4 and up you want to play it with a group that knows the rules though. The expansion is also a very good addition for a two player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my wife's current favorite for two-player games we take on date nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Freire
Brazil
MossorĂ³
Rio Grande do Norte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bearn wrote:
Two players is just as good as 3 IMO. when you get to 4 and up you want to play it with a group that knows the rules though. The expansion is also a very good addition for a two player game.
I played it with my girlfriend and she loved it. It's amazing how the game works good only with two players, it's as good as playing with 3 or 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Meeple
Spain
flag msg tools
www.DoctorMeeple.es
badge
Microbadge: Wordpress userMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: I Read Game Rules on the ToiletMicrobadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Follow me on Instagram
Wow. Thanks for the opinions. My first message and how a great attention.
We recently bought Star Realms so its a kind of "galactic games month".
I hope to plat solo too, looks nice and the bonus content uploaded here looks nice too.
How about the expansion? In Spain is not available yet so hard to get it :_(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BLAMMO!
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
I've enjoyed the game with multiple player counts and would say that two players is my favorite. There is a surprising amount of decision making for such a small package and a smaller player count keeps the game moving faster. Also, players can directly compete over specific planets, which can feel like attacking because you may directly hurt another player. I love the other Tiny Epic games as well, but this is my favorite so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Meeple
Spain
flag msg tools
www.DoctorMeeple.es
badge
meskue wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:
I've enjoyed the game with multiple player counts and would say that two players is my favorite. There is a surprising amount of decision making for such a small package and a smaller player count keeps the game moving faster. Also, players can directly compete over specific planets, which can feel like attacking because you may directly hurt another player. I love the other Tiny Epic games as well, but this is my favorite so far.
That's my first Tiny Epic game and I may try others but it looks so so nice that it may be my only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SergiNS wrote:

I can't comment on how good it is (I don't have it either), but you can get it from the BoardGameGeek store. Not sure what international postage is, but it's usually pretty reasonable for small items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Meeple
Spain
flag msg tools
www.DoctorMeeple.es
badge
njshaw2 wrote:
SergiNS wrote:

I can't comment on how good it is (I don't have it either), but you can get it from the BoardGameGeek store. Not sure what international postage is, but it's usually pretty reasonable for small items.
9USD is nice
Ill take a look.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pooley
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Just received the game last week and just had first practice play through on my own as a two player game...and it was lovely. I can see the tugging back and forth with the right colonised planet cards. But you can always see that you will both be moving forward all the time.

I've tried 2 player Smash Up and it didn't work at all and just became a grind as you knocked each other back.

This one feels that you can keep moving even on the other player's turn and the fact that you only have one person who can follow you concentrates the tactics of which dice to use.

My practice go actually got to 22 points on each side, same number of planets and was won on resources. I wasn't as cut throat as I could have been but even so by the end I could see how quickly you can colonise a planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desiree Blue
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree. This is an awesome game with any number.
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Harrison
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first play of this game was with 4 players and I immediately fell in love with this game. At 4 players there was a really good balance of decision making, random chance, and 'take that' opportunities.

I recently played a 2 player game however and I felt that the 2 player game may be unbalanced. (I want to play a few more 2 player games before I finalize my opinion.) What happened was that my opponent was able to gather a large amount of culture and for 2 back-to-back rounds simply followed my activate colony or advance civilization actions. Essentially, both of my turns were rendered null and my opponent, in essence, had 5 turns in a row. Until this point the game was relatively close and even. After this it was a complete blow-out.

I'm tempted to house rule following for 2-player games to limit the number of times you can follow on your opponents turn. Although, as I indicated, I want to play a few more 2 player games before I decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls