Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
MENTE, MANU ET INSTRUMENTUM
Microbadge: I speak EnglishMicrobadge: I speak QuébécoisMicrobadge: I speak FrenchMicrobadge: I speak HebrewMicrobadge: I speak Hungarian

And, they're following the sheet music.

LMAO!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I bike after midnight
please god let drews daughter become a feminist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pandemic Legacy fanMicrobadge: Pathfinder RPG fanMicrobadge: I'm femaleMicrobadge: Dolly Parton fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fan
single sentences wrote:
She is, I'm sure, just as Drew is, by my definition. He values and respects women (and men) as people, as far as I know, and I have to imagine his daughter does, too.

The link between feminism and screaming is less clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Utah Jazz fanMicrobadge: Slim Cessna's Auto Club fan - You'll never be as slim as SlimMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Give a man a fish, he eats for a day; give a man a goat, and RSP argues about it for 17 pages.Microbadge: The Mountain Goats fan
Well, I'll give them this much credit: they sure broke free of the patriarchy on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corross wrote:
single sentences wrote:
She is, I'm sure, just as Drew is, by my definition. He values and respects women (and men) as people, as far as I know
You're not including pregnant women in that assessment, are you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Drink Coffee... Do stupid things faster with more energyMicrobadge: "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." - Captain Jean Luc PicardMicrobadge: I'm happy to be an RSP C.H.U.D.Microbadge: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back fanMicrobadge: Special Education Teacher
corross wrote:
He values and respects women (and men) as people, as far as I know...
Based on his actions in this forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I bike after midnight
corross wrote:
single sentences wrote:
She is, I'm sure, just as Drew is, by my definition. He values and respects women (and men) as people, as far as I know, and I have to imagine his daughter does, too.

The link between feminism and screaming is less clear to me.
i should have been more specific and written "feminazi"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Competence- It's like a whole new form of cheating!
badge
Snob of the People
Microbadge: Dark humor fanMicrobadge: Existential NihilistMicrobadge: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.Microbadge: I enjoy the silenceMicrobadge: Deadpan humor fan
Usually my good ol' dog is eager to sing the song of her ancestors, but this did not even get her to open an eye from her nap.

Thus I must give it a fail minus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
Microbadge: Classical Music fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Period film fanMicrobadge: I edit my posts incessantly
Drew1365 wrote:
This comment nails it:

'I really want to see what is written on the second page. Did they actually need to flip the page and read, "After finishing your atonal scream, now bark like a dog."'
I know nothing about this piece, who wrote it, or who is performing it, but lots of contemporary classical music featuring extended techniques absolutely requires a score. To give you an idea of how difficult and virtuosic some of these pieces can be, here are a couple of very famous (and brilliantly performed) examples (in the first the singer has amazingly memorized it!):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

I actually thought it was kind of awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
It's a Belgian theatre group performing a piece about feminism, it's not a feminist group.

http://www.ontroerendgoed.be/en/projecten/wijven/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Microbadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Amateur AstronomerMicrobadge: I am related to Monkeys!Microbadge: 'Come and see the violence inherent in the system!'Microbadge: I ride my bike everywhere!
I don't like or understand it, therefore I must mock it, because there can be no art if it doesn't please me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
Microbadge: I don't use microbadges
GameCrossing wrote:
Well, I'll give them this much credit: they sure broke free of the patriarchy on that one.
Not so fast. The teaser for the stage show looks pretty darn misogynistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Utah Jazz fanMicrobadge: Slim Cessna's Auto Club fan - You'll never be as slim as SlimMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Give a man a fish, he eats for a day; give a man a goat, and RSP argues about it for 17 pages.Microbadge: The Mountain Goats fan
They swing those axes like a bunch of girls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pandemic Legacy fanMicrobadge: Pathfinder RPG fanMicrobadge: I'm femaleMicrobadge: Dolly Parton fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fan
kuhrusty wrote:
corross wrote:
single sentences wrote:
She is, I'm sure, just as Drew is, by my definition. He values and respects women (and men) as people, as far as I know
You're not including pregnant women in that assessment, are you?
Fair enough. He's fetocentrically feminist.

Personally, I see the conflict between Vessel and Cargo happening more post-delivery. But perhaps that's just my family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
einsteinidahosu wrote:
corross wrote:
He values and respects women (and men) as people, as far as I know...
Based on his actions in this forum?
Sure. In fairness, it's been a looooong time since I was active on RSP, but based on my back-in-the-day experience and what I've seen at a glance recently, I don't see any difference of treatment based on gender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
aiabx wrote:
I don't like or understand it, therefore I must mock it, because there can be no art if it doesn't please me.
No, I mock it because it violates my one rule about what is or isn't art: If I am capable of doing it, it's not art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
Microbadge: Project GIPF fanMicrobadge: "I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir."Microbadge: The owls are not what they seem...Microbadge: SpaceChem fanMicrobadge: Talisman fan
Feminist scream-singing:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
Microbadge: I don't use microbadges
Not to stand up for this particular work...but art as virtuosity? That kind of shit died a hundred years ago with Duchamp's urinal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
Microbadge: SPI fanMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: Avalon Hill fan
Yeah. Who needs art as virtuosity? Note the half dozen women in this chamber orchestra, including solo violinist Susannah Yoko Henkel. It's also Mozart, so it's the shit instead of kind of shit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Microbadge: Level 19 BGG posterMicrobadge: I use BitcoinsMicrobadge: I helped celebrate BGG Werewolf's 10th Anniversary!Microbadge: The Zeitgeist MovementMicrobadge: I play with blue!
Thus Screamed Zarathustra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Microbadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Amateur AstronomerMicrobadge: I am related to Monkeys!Microbadge: 'Come and see the violence inherent in the system!'Microbadge: I ride my bike everywhere!
SPIGuy wrote:
Yeah. Who needs art as virtuosity? Note the half dozen women in this chamber orchestra, including solo violinist Susannah Yoko Henkel. It's also Mozart, so it's the shit instead of kind of shit.

You can have both kinds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
Microbadge: Gaming since 1974Microbadge: D&D fan (original 1974 edition)Microbadge: Stand up against bullying

I just saw this thread and feel like I missed a great discussion!

To quote a great Vulcan, "Fascinating!"

All I can think of is.

This is what I hear when any woman starts fussing.

I wonder if they scream like that in bed?

Why are they barking like dogs? I sort of like it!!

What the heck does it prove??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls