Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Microbadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: Loves to cookMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: I love my Best Friend.
Aaron Plot Cards
Gives Strong Leader to Rolf
Gives No Confidence to John
Gives Keeping a Close Eye on You to Jarek

M1.1 Aaron: Jarek, Rolf, John

Aaron - YES
Luds - YES
Rob - NO
Calvin -YES
John - YES
Rolf - YES
Alex - YES
Rutger - NO
Jarek - YES
Edward - YES

Use No Confidence to void this proposal by John

M1.2 Luds: Luds, Jarek, Rolf
Aaron - NO
Luds - YES
Rob - NO
Calvin -NO
John - NO
Rolf -YES
Alex - NO
Rutger - NO
Jarek - YES
Edward - NO

M1.3 Rob: Rob, John, Rutger
Aaron - NO
Luds - NO
Rob - YES
Calvin -NO
John - NO
Rolf -NO
Alex - NO
Rutger - YES
Jarek - NO
Edward - NO

M1.4 Calvin: Calvin, John, Luds
Aaron - NO
Luds -YES
Rob - YES
Calvin -YES
John - NO
Rolf -NO
Alex - NO
Rutger - NO
Jarek - NO
Edward - YES

Jarek plays Keeping a Close Eye on John

M1.5 John: John, Rolf, Aaron

Result : Pass Pass Pass

Rolf
I give No Confidence to John
I give Overheard Conversation to John
I give In The Spotlight to John

John - Use Overheard Conversation to look at Calvin's card

M2.1 Rolf - Aaron, Calvin, John, Rolf
Aaron - YES
Luds - NO
Rob - NO
Calvin -YES
John - YES
Rolf -YES
Alex - NO
Rutger - NO
Jarek - YES
Edward - YES

Rolf:
I give Establish Confidence to Aaron
I give Overheard Conversation to Edward

M3.1 Rolf: Aaron, Calvin, John, Rolf
Aaron - YES
Luds - NO
Rob - NO
Calvin -YES
John - YES
Rolf -YES
Alex - YES
Rutger - NO
Jarek - YES
Edward - YES

Result: Pass Pass Pass Pass

--------------------

Aaron -
Luds -
Rob -
Calvin -
John -
Rolf -
Alex -
Rutger -
Jarek -
Edward -

Colors!

YES
NO

VOTE! Voting links: YES/NO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
Microbadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: Loves to cookMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: I love my Best Friend.
Re: PBF #213 - The Matrix - 0 Rebels - 0 Agents (Plot Cards)
Seating Order

Aaron
Luds
Rob
Calvin
John
Rolf
Alex
Rutger
Jarek
Edward

Random Order and Roles done by random.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
Game Rules:

The rebel team is comprised of six main players in a ten player game.
The four spies know each other.

Missions are 3/4/4/5*/5
*The fourth mission requires two fails.

Role GMs:

Rebel - You are a Rebel. Viva la Resistance!

Spy - You are a Spy. Dirty, Dirty Spy! Your Spy Buddies are Natalie and Natalie

Plot Cards

To distribute Plot Cards, please bold what plot card you are giving and to whom in order of what card you want to give first and second. For example:

Gives Strong Leader to Natalie

Gives No Confidence to Moogle

To play plot cards please bold cards in thread.

After a mission, please bold that you will not be using a plot card if you do have one.

Plays Overheard Conversation on Chocobo

Plot Card Timing Rule: I will give a 24 hr period after mission results for the players to use the plot cards then continue the game as normal (if players do not bold they are using/not using plot cards). If results are giving on a Friday, I will wait until Monday. For example, results given at 4:30 PM on Friday, I will wait until 4:30 PM on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
PLOT CARDS

5-6: 1 card
7-8: 2 cards
9-10: 3 cards

The leader will get 2 plot cards at the start of the game to divide among other players for use as listed below. After each mission, the new leader will be given two more plot cards to distribute to other players for use as listed below.

Plot Card Deck :

Overheard Conversation (x2) - Use immediately - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must look at the Character card of one adjacent player

Opinion Maker (x2)
- Permanent Effect - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must select and reveal their Vote card before any other players have selected their Vote cards. This card remains in effect until the end of the game. If two "Opinion Maker" cards are in play those players must reveal their votes simultaneously.

Establish Confidence (x1) - Use immediately - The Leader must pass their Character card to any other player for examination.

Open Up (x1) - Use immediately - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must pass their Character card to any other player (including the Leader) for examination.

No Confidence (x3) - One time use (may be held) - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to reject an approved Mission team. Using this card counts as a failed vote.

Keeping a Close Eye on You (x2) - One time use (may be held) - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to examine a played Mission card. Using this card does not require a player to announce its use before the Mission cards are played, nor does it affect the Mission card played. Multiple Mission cards may be checked in a single round, but no more than one player may check a single player's Mission card on a round.

Strong Leader (x2) - One time use (may be held) - the player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to become the Leader. Use of this card must be declared before the Leader takes any actions (including distributing plot cards or proposing a mission). When a "Strong Leader" is player, another "Strong Leader" may not be played until a Vote on a proposal has been taken.

In the Spotlight (x1) - One time use (may be held) - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to force a players to play their Mission card face up. The player playing this card must declare its use and the target player prior to any player on the Mission team selecting their Mission card.

Take Responsibility (x1) - One time immediate use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must take one Plot card from any other player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
Plot Card Tracker

Overheard Conversation
Overheard Conversation
Opinion Maker
Opinion Maker
Establish Confidence
Open Up
No Confidence
No Confidence
No Confidence
Keeping a Close Eye on You
Keeping a Close Eye on You
"SO" Strong Leader
"SO" Strong Leader
In the Spotlight
Take Responsibility

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
PBF Rules:

1) Official mission proposals should be in bold contain the mission number and proposal number. For example M1.1 Moogle: Chocobo, Natalie. Per standard PBF etiquette, the fifth proposal/hammer will automatically be sent.

2) All votes should be GM to me. Send your vote in the subject line. For example "PBF 105 m1.1 YES".

3) There is a non-strict time limit of 24 hrs on every official game action. If you are going to take much longer than that, please post in the thread in advance. Weekends are usually not included.

4) No game-related discussion is allowed outside the thread until the game is completed. This includes GMs between players and posts in other threads. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask! No question is to n00bish! If you would like to ask a question in the thread, please BOLD and RED the question so I will be sure to see it. For example:
Mod Question: What sounds do Moogles make?

5) Do not edit posts, except in the first minute or so to fix typos. Deleting is an extreme form of editing which is also forbidden. If you do edit, please type why you are editing. Example: Edit - For spelling mistakes.

6) No dice have been provided to you. You may not use the Geekroller in this thread.

7) Please subscribe to the thread and check in at least daily (exceptions for weekends).

8) Submission changes rule: You can change a submitted card any number of times (eg PASS/FAIL, ACCEPT/REJECT) but as soon as I receive the card from the last player, no more changes are allowed, even if I'm not there to post the results yet.
If you made changes after all the cards were in, I'll tell you which submitted card was the final one.

9) Feel free to message me anytime. It makes the game fun for me seeing what your thoughts are as you figure things out.

10) Remember everyone is here to have fun! Bullying, cursing, and other unsportsmanship like conduct is frowned upon. You will be given a warning then asked to leave if behavior becomes out of hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin

Results:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Aaron - Rebel
Luds - Spy
Rob - Spy
Calvin - Rebel
John - Rebel
Rolf - Rebel
Alex - Spy
Rutger - Rebel
Jarek - Spy
Edward - Rebel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
Microbadge: How does it do that? It's... it's bigger on the inside!Microbadge: Doctor Who fan - Tom Baker, 4th DoctorMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan - Sarah Jane Smith, JournalistMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan - I am The Master and you will obey me!
In!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Brown
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sword ownerMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Superman fan
IN!ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
clvnndhbbs wrote:
IN!ninja
Welcome! How did you find us? Have you played Resistance before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Brown
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sword ownerMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Superman fan
Natsume wrote:
clvnndhbbs wrote:
IN!ninja
Welcome! How did you find us? Have you played Resistance before?
Hi, thanks for the welcome! I'm a ninja, the real question is how did you find me? I see I've been *randomly* selected for questioning due to my noobnew user badge, but let it be known that I have been prowling BGG forums for years in search of board game questions. I only just today actually made an account. As for Resistance, I have played it but only in person. Excited for PBF since I'm a terrible liar in person (that's a good thing right?) and my spy "poker face" is non-existent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
Microbadge: 100 Games x 1 Challenge participant - 2020Microbadge: Chip Theory Games "Cloudspire" Contest ParticipantMicrobadge: I prefer cold weather over hot weatherMicrobadge: A Song of Ice and Fire fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
In, and I'd opt for 8+ too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Natalie, I might be wrong but it seems we're missing Plot Cards for higher number of players (7+). You know, the ones that allowed you to check loyalty card of other players. Or at least I felt there were more cards like that.

Also, I'm in. Fine with any number of players. And would prefer to start sooner rather than later.

edit: I double-checked and it seems to be only problem with my memory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
JarekWarsaw wrote:
Natalie, I might be wrong but it seems we're missing Plot Cards for higher number of players (7+). You know, the ones that allowed you to check loyalty card of other players. Or at least I felt there were more cards like that.

Also, I'm in. Fine with any number of players. And would prefer to start sooner rather than later.

So then its all good above for plot card reference?

Also can No Confidence be used on MX.5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
Microbadge: How does it do that? It's... it's bigger on the inside!Microbadge: Doctor Who fan - Tom Baker, 4th DoctorMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan - Sarah Jane Smith, JournalistMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan - I am The Master and you will obey me!
Natsume wrote:
JarekWarsaw wrote:

I would hope not! That would be automatic loss, wouldn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
Microbadge: 100 Games x 1 Challenge participant - 2020Microbadge: Chip Theory Games "Cloudspire" Contest ParticipantMicrobadge: I prefer cold weather over hot weatherMicrobadge: A Song of Ice and Fire fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
egburr wrote:
Natsume wrote:
JarekWarsaw wrote:

It sure can! You have to watch out for that when using plot cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
Luds wrote:
egburr wrote:
Natsume wrote:
JarekWarsaw wrote:

I thought so too and wanted to make others aware if that was true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
flag msg tools
badge
A infinidad y más allá!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
egburr wrote:
Natsume wrote:
JarekWarsaw wrote:

It means that if anyone has No Confidence, you generally won't see any mission go past X.4 (or if 2 people have it, X.3) - which is why generally if you get one you're asked to burn it immediately (at least early-game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, count me in.

And I'm one of the few who has refused to burn No Confidence at the first opportunity, and I subsequently led the rebels to a clean sweep victory. You can have confidence in my No Confidence!

However, when No Confidence is in play, Mx.4 does essentially become the de facto hammer (no rebel wants to let another person have the chance to instantly win the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
Aaron, do you want to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
flag msg tools
badge
A infinidad y más allá!
mbmbmbmbmb
Natsume wrote:
Aaron, do you want to play?
Hmm...seeing as it starts after 212 ends, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
We have seven so far! As stated above, I'll be running this after #212

Stay tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Floof Meister
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! So, a few friends and I played The Resistance for the first time yesterday and I loved it!! Social deduction games are pretty new to me; I have a ton of fun playing them, even if I'm not very good. Besides last night's The Resistance game, my only prior experience with this genre are a couple games of Werewolf that I've played on here.

I'm super confused by all the plot cards, so I'll sit back and watch this one to get the hang of things. I'll hopefully join the next one, if you don't mind. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
Floofies wrote:
Hi! So, a few friends and I played The Resistance for the first time yesterday and I loved it!! Social deduction games are pretty new to me; I have a ton of fun playing them, even if I'm not very good. Besides last night's The Resistance game, my only prior experience with this genre are a couple games of Werewolf that I've played on here.

I'm super confused by all the plot cards, so I'll sit back and watch this one to get the hang of things. I'll hopefully join the next one, if you don't mind. ninja
Hello and welcome! Hope you see you in another game soon! Don't forget to subscribe to the waiting room Resistance thread so when new games pop up you can join!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [29] |