Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since starting the other thread, I've added clear glass cabochons as replacement hourglasses and those work as well as anything will to allow you to see the ether cost without shifting the piece out of the way (yes, first-world, lazy-gamer problems).

Now, I've finished off updates to the game--I think--with a custom foamcore insert. While CMoN made a valiant attempt with their thin plastic one, with the KS content it was already basically useless coming out of the shipping box, and after sleeving the cards (a necessity with the fancy gold foiled cards) it was and active impediment to storage. Now everything is secure and has its place.

Everything in the box less player mats & manual (BGGMod didn't like my picture of that). Suffice to say with the paperwork in, everything fits flush.

Top layer

Ether token tray/spacer removed.

Base layer holding all the miniatures--including KS Gentlemen Pack, plus the retail version of the cards and the original hourglasses & coins.

All the trays laid out.

Closeup of the tiles/gentlemen deck/first player token tray. This was the most fiddly, but I think it turned out ok for a first try as something like this.

Detail of the first player token holder. I stole the idea from some truly gifted folks around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Could you give measurements? I've been trying to come up with a decent solution and this is much better than any of the current ones I was thinking of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can try to come up with some, but it will take some time. I pretty much just built the main insert, laid out components, then measured & cut as I went.

After I finished, I realized I could have just build the main insert's sides the full height of the box as the combined thickness of the walls nearly makes a perfect buffer to hold the folded board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls