Subject: Reset shields to zero after each round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Fröcklin
Sweden
Nykvarn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are telling me to reset the damage gauge to zero after taking damage in the damage phase, but what if I end a round with a few shields, will I save them for the next round or is the gauge always reset to zero? I'm guessing I can save the shields, but it's not specifically mentioned in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to keep the + values between rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be a bit more specific, when you discard cards during the Damage phase, you are resolving the effect of having a negative number for your armor. Thus, if you have a negative number, you discard the cards and reset to Zero (moving to the back of the line if you have fewer parts than damage at that point).

On the flip side, extra Armor does not get you anything other than protection from 1-3 points of damage (or Cogs if you already have 3). You don't innately gain anything from having it, so it does not reset each turn. The flip side of that is that you're limited to only 3 points of protection before you only get a Cog for getting more shielding.

So, in short - if you discard, reset, otherwise it stays where it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Fröcklin
Sweden
Nykvarn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, thanks! Looks like we made the correct rules interpretation when we played then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls