Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of the game today in Michigan. Woot me! Cannot wait to get in a few games this weekend. One thing I am concerned about is that there were no rules included. Is that by design or was that an oversight by DTC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today in Ohio!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WayCoolSuperDude wrote:
I received my copy of the game today in Michigan. Woot me! Cannot wait to get in a few games this weekend. One thing I am concerned about is that there were no rules included. Is that by design or was that an oversight by DTC?
That was by design, the rules were always listed as a free PDF, though I suppose common practice would make the contrary an understandable assumption. We are looking into a printed version as an add-on for the next campaign (January).

Please let us know how your games go, since that's what's going to carry us through a few more small campaigns before we can do a traditional printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is absolutely nothing wrong with game play. It has everything I like: fast-paced, easy-to-learn rules, tons of dice rolling, good tactical decisions to make, and the games are done quickly in under an hour. As I mentioned in the KS comments I am lucky to have access to a color laser printer so printing the rules is no problem.
I got in a game with my 10 y.o. son last night and we both enjoyed it. It was his first time playing and he was able to pick up on the rules quickly enough to beat me! Although I did go easy on him...whistle
I have played a few games with the PnP version. Each game came down to the next mech to get hit loses. To me, that means the game is very balanced. Of course, this is just one-on-one fights with Eagle Eye and Razor Wing with their respective decks. Its time to add in the new mechs and cards and do some drafted deck building.
Thanks again for doing this Shane. Despite the perceived shortcomings, the game play itself is excellent, balanced and fun. I cannot wait for the next KS campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls