Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Kansas City Chiefs fanMicrobadge: Go Chiefs!Microbadge: 2020 Copper Supporter
Since I play with a lot of newbies, I've been thinking it may be good to draft up a stats card for each faction, so that new plays can get a quick overview of a faction's abilities and strengths. I owe this idea to Pogofox from this thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1377462/cards-designed)

Download Stats Cards: http://1drv.ms/1QHzrdS

Includes:
-Core Set
-Awesome Level 9000
-Monster Smash
- Sci-Fi Double Feature
- Pretty Pretty
- Big Geeky Box
- Obligatory Cthulu
- Custom: Merfolk, Silvan, Warrior Monks, Hackers, Luchadores, Killer Clowns, Puppeteers, Mafia,

Faction icon credits go to secondparty (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1454529/creating-pretty-hig...). These cards could also function as a randomizer for drawing factions, if you wish.
Edit: thanks to Wim D for suggesting average minion power (Avg. M.P.) as the third stat to describe a faction.

More to come in the next few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Stat Cards
Very cool. Thumb up.

There's a typo, zombies ARE the best one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Kansas City Chiefs fanMicrobadge: Go Chiefs!Microbadge: 2020 Copper Supporter
Heh, rec for the Zombie comment. I've enjoyed playing with them, although our particular group puts Robots at least as high, if not higher. Add Steampunk to either combo and you have the best combo in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lariviere
msg tools
Sorry Andrew I ha e to disagree with you. The best combo in the game is robots and plants. Being able to bust two bases in a single turn and gather about 10 VP in a single shot. They are the superior faction combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
I'll grant it to you, because I've never played it personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Crowder
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would drop the power tier reference entirely. Despite a list being built that is still very much a matter of perspective.

The rest of the data is super useful though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
Yeah, I was wondering about that (mainly because I don't totally agree with the stats myself ). Any ideas of what to replace it with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The average printed power per minion.
For zombies, that's 2,7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
That is an excellent stat -- where can I find that for each faction? Has it been compiled? Otherwise, I guess it's no great shakes to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's on the wikia:
http://smashup.wikia.com/wiki/Factions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
I've updated the original post with new cards including the Avg. Minion Power as well as added the Awesome 9k expansion. More to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
Updated to include Obligatory Cthulu, Sci-Fi Double Feature, Monster Smash, Pretty Pretty, and Big Geeky Box.

http://1drv.ms/1OuBv9t
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lariviere
msg tools
your list says you include custom factions in these, what would you say to also including Puppets and Evil clowns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
I have actually added the Evil Clowns since I have that deck printed out. Currently as far as custom decks go I have the Killer Clowns, Luchadores, Merfolk, and Mobsters added. I can add Puppeteers -- does someone have a short blurb written up I could use as the card text?

BTW, I have these cards on order from PrinterStudio and will post pictures when they arrive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
Updated with Killer Clowns and Puppets. I went with the minion-power/counts from jawadams' deck, though I know anomia1 has made a puppeteer deck as well (are they very different?)

Will get Munchkin decks up eventually -- probably when I buy Munchkin myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lariviere
msg tools
aaj94 wrote:
Updated with Killer Clowns and Puppets. I went with the minion-power/counts from jawadams' deck, though I know anomia1 has made a puppeteer deck as well (are they very different?)

Will get Munchkin decks up eventually -- probably when I buy Munchkin myself.
My puppet deck was i believe Joel Adam's deck. It was 3 power average and 10 minions/10 actions. I don;t really have anything else for the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
I snagged something from the original post on the puppeteers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Roadhouse
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another cool thing to add could be the bases each minion has. If you use these for drafting, it would be a good bit of info to have with the new addition to the rules regarding bases from Munchkin Smash Up.

Also, is it possible to have a template so we can make our own custom faction bits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
I thought about adding bases but ultimately went with expansions. "Official" SmashUp recommends you use all the bases from each expansion represented in your final picks. So identifying the expansion would help with that. Personally, I just use all of them, so it doesn't matter much one way or the other for me.

Sure! I'm attaching a .psd file that I used to create them all (might be messy). It's quite large (150mb), but includes every faction. For the faction icons, I used whatever is floating around the forums, I think it's on the 'create custom smashup randomizer tokens' thread, or something like that.

Link to download: http://1drv.ms/1lj0X5m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Chiefs!
badge
Coração Brasileiro
Updated to include more custom factions. Download here:

Download Stats Cards: http://1drv.ms/1QHzrdS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls