Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in the thread on Tear penalties, but I think it merits its own topic, so that it's clearly visible on the forums, and to improve its chances of an "official" ruling. Is this way of scoring correct/best/recommended?

Quote:
I now score as I think is intended and best: as soon as anything affects the score. When I launch a time machine, I adjust my score, including any bonuses and penalties. There is no end game scoring (although there may be end of 3rd Day Ad penalties).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some expansion items (the Office action, and one of the Waste tiles, I think, and maybe more) allow you to remove penalties before the end of the game. If you're playing with those, it may be better to wait to score penalties just to make sure all your counts are still accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
We adjust the score as the game progresses, because you need to know who the lowest-scorer is each round.

It's pretty easy to tally up your score at any time, so I don't think it really matters, but I prefer to adjust the score whenever it changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
We adjust the score as the game progresses, because you need to know who the lowest-scorer is each round.

It's pretty easy to tally up your score at any time, so I don't think it really matters, but I prefer to adjust the score whenever it changes.

I agree. The game provides a scoreboard, so you may as well use it to keep as accurate and current a score as possible.

As for the expansions that allow you to do things like discarding penalty tokens, it seems simple enough to add those points back on as you discard the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.