Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, game just arrived and we're hoping to play tonight...looking at the character Tracy, I don't understand the "Roll 4...3-4 = Otis stalks Tracy"?

when would Tracy "roll"? and if it's part of a fight, there's no need to "stalk" since Otis is already "striking"?

thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Taiwanese games fanMicrobadge: Japanese games fanMicrobadge: Pimple - A Pimpin' Purple MeepleMicrobadge: Does whatever a Spider-Meeple canMicrobadge: In this world there's two kinds of Meeples, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig...
I think it's for the end of the round when Otis is doing his turn. Normally he moves towards the nearest counselor but she can scream and lure him her way. Has saved my life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fsnam wrote:
I think it's for the end of the round when Otis is doing his turn. Normally he moves towards the nearest counselor but she can scream and lure him her way. Has saved my life
so, your take on it would be that it's "optional"? (makes sense actually)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fsnam wrote:
Yes, that is correct. Get Tracy as far as possible from Otis and when he stalks the nearest counselor have her scream at the top of her lungs. With a 3 or a 4 Otis will go after her instead of the original counselor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
fsnam wrote:
so, your take on it would be that it's "optional"? (makes sense actually)
Oh, yeah. Totally optional and with a 50% chance of success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I have the board all setup...I have no idea how you move? There are no spaces? And I would assume moving into a bldg/location ends your move anyhow...so how would a char with an ability to move 3 ever move more than 1 "space"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
Now that I have the board all setup...I have no idea how you move? There are no spaces? And I would assume moving into a bldg/location ends your move anyhow...so how would a char with an ability to move 3 ever move more than 1 "space"?
You only count spaces inside Cabins. Moving into a Cabin does not stop your movement. Don't count Paths (brown) for movement: they're just to show which cabins are connected.

Say you started at the end of the Dining Hall closest to the Campfire, had a Move of 5, and wanted to go to the Game Room. You'd move "1-2-3" through the Dining Hall, "4, 5" into the Game Room and end in the middle of the Game Room by the #3.

So, basically, count Spaces inside "Cabins". A "Cabin" being defined as a Area on the board with a "box" around it (meaning the Campfire counts as a "Cabin". The Woods do NOT.)

Only time you count any type of outside style movement is if you opt to use Trails (green) (and that really is for the ATTEMPT, not the actual MOVEMENT).

So for example, say you're on the space marked Swimming Area, have a move of 2, And want to try to go to the Barn. You pay 1 movement, roll for using a Trail, and if successful, move to the spot marked "Barn" at the other end of the Trail, & could still move 1 inside the Barn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeaaaahhh.... it's the screaming that attracts Otis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls