Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Dominico
Canada
sudbury
ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a relentless enemy in your hero area after an encounter, when will you fight it next?

Obviously if you move into a new perilous area and start another encounter, but could you stay in a safe area and fight it by itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if the encounter ends and you still have an enemy in your area I don't think it is considered "safe". I have played it that I stay in the area and finish it off by itself, then make the area safe (you can't thematically rest while and enemy is in your camp).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Demosthenes000 wrote:
If you have a relentless enemy in your hero area after an encounter, when will you fight it next?

Obviously if you move into a new perilous area and start another encounter, but could you stay in a safe area and fight it by itself?
I had a lot of those in the "Into the Wilds" quest. This is what I did (correct me if I'm wrong anyone!):

1. Ended an encounter. Dispersed all enemies except relentless.
2. Removed the wound on my location, did not get restoration from resting, but I drew rewards. No resolve for dispersed enemies.
3. Drew a time card.
4. I stayed at my (now-safe) location*.
5. Played through the hero phase again; I always finished them off this time, but if I hadn't, they would have attacked again.
6. I rested and got restoration at my (now-safe, now empty) location.
7. Drew another time card.
8. Traveled and started my next encounter.

* I had one turn to defeat the boss at the end due to running out of time though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jparkerweb wrote:
if the encounter ends and you still have an enemy in your area I don't think it is considered "safe". I have played it that I stay in the area and finish it off by itself, then make the area safe (you can't thematically rest while and enemy is in your camp).
I think it is technically "safe", according to the term defined in the rulebook (not perilous or overrun), but it isn't empty (relentless enemies), so you can't rest.

When you end an encounter, you remove a wound token and that makes it safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
When you end an encounter, you remove a wound token and that makes it safe.
Spot on. This plus your previous post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls