21 Posts

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Who is doing what for extra life? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco DeLaurentis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure that a good number of the members are doing something for extra life. I am meeting up with some friends and doing some board games. I am bringing Galaxy trucker, Tales of the arabian nights, Wits and wagers, and Fiasco. I'm pretty sure someone else is bringing some of the d&d board games. Other games I am aware of that are coming are Machi Koro and Geek out.

Whatis everyone else doing? Is everyone else doing the 24 hours straight?

Edit: My group's name is All Night Gamers 2: the Meepling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...for starters, I googled "extra life."

Pete (learned something today)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We (BryceCon) are holding a 24 hour marathon in southern Utah. Some of those who signed up will be doing it from home (we have some console/computer gamers) or with local gaming groups, we'll be doing the 24 hours straight. It's going to be a long day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hosting an event for a small group of us, but won't be holding it until December due to travel schedules.

Best of luck, have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"Run into a 'Heart' within "Super Mario" et al, and you should obtain that!" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!
A number of people in my game group are going. I'm not due to work commitments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Boyle
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hosting a combo New Years Eve/24 hr gaming marathon this year since I found out about it pretty recently. It will probably be a small gathering but should still be plenty of fun, and a good opportunity to raise some money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
"Run into a 'Heart' within "Super Mario" et al, and you should obtain that!" whistle
Green 1-up mushroom.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
cornixt wrote:
Green 1-up mushroom.cry
"Legend of Coach-"Z"!" perhaps then? robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Well...for starters, I googled "extra life."

Pete (learned something today)
I'm pretty sure that comes at 10,000 points.

...at least that's true in Pac Man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Paulton
United Kingdom
St. Andrews
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly unable to drag anyone into playing board games with me but I will be playing vidja games - namely Serious Sam 3 in co-op and who knows from there!

twitch.tv/psymonkee from 10am GMT tomorrow if anyone wants something to watch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
Microbadge: Metagaming fanMicrobadge: Oakland Athletics fanMicrobadge: Ruthenia fanMicrobadge: Treefrog Line fanMicrobadge: nestorgames fan
GROGnads wrote:
cornixt wrote:
Green 1-up mushroom.cry
"Legend of Coach-"Z"!" perhaps then? robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
A few side notes on Extra Life for those without plans for gaming for it tomorrow:

You don't have to do your gaming on Nov 7th, you can do it any time.

You don't have to do 24 hours all at once, you can split that up.

You don't have to be part of a group, you can play your favorite game on the computer or console.

You don't even have to sign up and play games for it. You can take part by sponsoring someone who is by making a donation to their Extra Life account. You can find someone easily by going to the Extra Life site and entering their name, or just picking someone they have on the front page.

And, it's never too early to plan for next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
That game wasn't half bad...
badge
...no, it was ALL bad! Dohohoho!!
mbmbmb
My regular group - Beers and Board Games of Columbus - is doing a 24-hour marathon starting Saturday morning. As I write this, we've raised nearly 3K, about half of it from a local brewery owner whose brewery is a regular stop for us. We made some t-shirts and everything. It's been fun. There are eight people on the official team, but we're expecting about 75 people over the course of the event.

I'm not on the official team, but plan on it for next year. I have a 6-7 hour chunk Saturday night when I should be able to attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This year I was approached by Z-man games to run a 24 hour, livestream of a complete Season of Pandemic Legacyas part of my Extra Life Game day!

Of course I said yes, so please make sure to stop by our Livestream to watch the game unfold:
http://www.twitch.tv/th3anyk3y/

But wait, There's More!

(wait... wrong game)

If you stop by our Facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/432429726958148/

and our Extra Life donation page:
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=portal.home&p...

We will be running contests with chances to influence how our game turns out, and even
WIN A COPY OF PANDEMIC LEGACY SEASON 1!

I look forward to all your support, and seeing you watch us on our livestream!

Cheers,

Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Maple Grove
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chaperoning the Extra Life event at the college I work at for the first part of the day, and then I am motoring over to my gaming group to finish the last 18 hours. I'm pumped and ready to go, which means I'll probably hit the wall about 12 hours in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco DeLaurentis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
A few side notes on Extra Life for those without plans for gaming for it tomorrow:

You don't have to do your gaming on Nov 7th, you can do it any time.

You don't have to do 24 hours all at once, you can split that up.

You don't have to be part of a group, you can play your favorite game on the computer or console.

You don't even have to sign up and play games for it. You can take part by sponsoring someone who is by making a donation to their Extra Life account. You can find someone easily by going to the Extra Life site and entering their name, or just picking someone they have on the front page.

And, it's never too early to plan for next year.
This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
That game wasn't half bad...
badge
...no, it was ALL bad! Dohohoho!!
mbmbmb
We raised over $5000 through our marathon, and had a great time. I was there for about 8 hours, and while it was noisy during the evening hours (we were in a bar competing with college football) I had a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Webb
United States
Whitesburg
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed to survive the whole 24-hours (and then some with clean up) at the event I organize on our college campus. Our twelve-member team raised over 3000 dollars and played hundreds of games with a larger group from the community. I got in 37 games over the 24 hours, including finally getting in a game of Nations and Roll for the Galaxy which I'd been dying to play (and laughing through twelve games of Spyfall). We have a member whose daughter suffers from a rare disease and is treated at one of the CMN hospitals, so the event is personal for us--and something we look forward to every year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco DeLaurentis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made it 14 hours (about four in the morning). Our group raised $265 at last count. We played Boss Monster, King of tokyo, Carcassone (with 12 expansions), Tales of the Arabian Nights (6 players, 4+ hours), and Imperial assult and plenty of time spent with good friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra Life is not over in Nashville - next Saturday, November 14th, we'll be gathering for 14 hours of board and card games to help raise funds of the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt.

Check out this web page for all the latest details!

If you're in the area, hope you'll come out and play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls