T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are we stuck? [!!SPOILERS!!] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Christiansen
Denmark
Grenaa
flag msg tools
>> IF our problem is solved by solving the puzzle mentioned below, please say just that, and we will work harder on it, so nothing is spoiled for us.

We are on the third run and doing good. We decided to talk to the doctor instead of killing him, knowing we would forego secret passage to location 12 (from a previous run). We figured we could gain access to location 12 in some other way. Now it seems we are stuck, can this really happen? There is a lock under the kiosk but even if we could figure out the puzzle, the card doesn't tell what happens next. Are we missing something? I thought you were supposed to finish the game in 3 runs. So now we just reset for a fourth run without consequence so we can get to location 12 (which we haven't explored yet)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slight spoiler related to Doctor...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Talking to the Doctor does reveal location 12, unless my memory is failing. Doesn't he usher you down the secret passage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solve the puzzle at the lock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As James said.

You should have all the pieces of the puzzle to hand by now. You should know how to arrange them and how to read them; do that and do as instructed by the solution.

You can do it, time depends upon you, don't make Bob mad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Kennedy
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got stuck at that part too. We spent an hour going back and retracking our steps, to find out that the answer was right in front of us the entire time. We felt kind of stupid. It was frustrating. But in the end, when we finally figured it out, it was satisfying. Don't give up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the best part of the entire mission. Simply amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L R
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was actually thinking about this after we finished our run.

(spoiler for those who haven't finished Asylum)

I think it is theoretically possible to get stuck here if you don't look at (or make a note of) the photo frame in the doctor's office before losing access to the room. Although it is possible to brute-force the riddle of the pentagram without having the information from the photo frame (specifically, the left-to-right order of the symbols), without that knowledge you're going to be bashing your head against a wall for quite a while before the answer becomes apparent. The hints from the girl's painting in the day room may well be enough for you to work out the correct order of the symbols by process of elimination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Peters
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Greater London
flag msg tools
LokiRand wrote:
I was actually thinking about this after we finished our run.

(spoiler for those who haven't finished Asylum)

I think it is theoretically possible to get stuck here if you don't look at (or make a note of) the photo frame in the doctor's office before losing access to the room. Although it is possible to brute-force the riddle of the pentagram without having the information from the photo frame (specifically, the left-to-right order of the symbols), without that knowledge you're going to be bashing your head against a wall for quite a while before the answer becomes apparent. The hints from the girl's painting in the day room may well be enough for you to work out the correct order of the symbols by process of elimination.

We didn't use the painting in the office at all, I was the only one who saw it and stupidly didn't remember the symbols or the order. By the time we thought to go back it was locked out for us... But really the painting in the Day Room was everything we needed and more, we found the puzzle quite easy after that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerk Katerman
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We also got stuck at that exact point. We were convinced we had seen every location and talked to every character and got almost every item. The only item we never got were the keys from the kitchen.

It look a LOT of head scratching and re-examination of our existing clues to finally see what we had been overlooking this whole time.

Our time counter on the 3rd run was at -60 or something, we did truly awful. When you fail a run, the game gives you no hints or clues, only extra time. But time was not our problem (well it was, but getting more of it didn't help...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fermanich
msg tools
My group, playing the third time through, finally got to the
pentacle puzzle and just brute-forced it. After a half-hour, the best gamer in our group deduced it was spelling out something, and simply arranged the pentacles in the only order that spelled out something

We got to the Mission Success with one time-unit remaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.