C-Cross» Forums » Rules

Subject: Your move but no playing pieces... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Cribbage fanMicrobadge: Crokinole fanMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Backgammon fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Probably an academic question, but anyway...

What will happen if it's your move but you have none of your 12 playing pieces left, because they are all on the board without having the majority anywhere?

Do you have to skip your move or do you lose the game immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Hnefatafl fanMicrobadge: Magnus Carlsen - he's unbelievably good at playing chessMicrobadge: Kingdom Builder fanMicrobadge: Dolmen fan
Takvorian wrote:
Probably an academic question, but anyway...

What will happen if it's your move but you have none of your 12 playing pieces left, because they are all on the board without having the majority anywhere?

Do you have to skip your move or do you lose the game immediately?
In case this helps, on the main page screen for C-Cross, in the description of the game, it says if your opponent is unable to move on their turn, you also win.

Hoping to get my copy of this wonderful looking game soon.

Arthur Reilly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Cribbage fanMicrobadge: Crokinole fanMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Backgammon fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Thanks Arthur,

Indeed I missed that sentence. I also checked my rulebook and there it is also - the last sentence on the last page.

Played it three times today. It's not only good looking it's also much fun!

Cheers,
Marcus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Hnefatafl fanMicrobadge: Magnus Carlsen - he's unbelievably good at playing chessMicrobadge: Kingdom Builder fanMicrobadge: Dolmen fan
Takvorian wrote:
Thanks Arthur,

Indeed I missed that sentence. I also checked my rulebook and there it is also - the last sentence on the last page.

Cheers,
Marcus
Hey Marcus:

Glad I could be of help. I have a question for you, as I've not seen the office rules of this game yet. When connecting two sides of the board, does it include top to bottom as well as the side to side areas?

Thanks,

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yes, you can connect top/bottom or left/right, as you like. Also, both players can pursue the same goal. You don't have to tell your opponent what you try to connect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Takvorian wrote:
Yes, you can connect top/bottom or left/right, as you like. Also, both players can pursue the same goal. You don't have to tell your opponent what you try to connect.
Thanks. That sounds really cool. My order has been placed with Gerhards und Spiel & Design already, just need it to show up. Can't wait.

Thanks again, and keep enjoy the game.

Arthur Reilly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic GIMET
France
SAINT JUST D'AVRAY
France
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Session ReporterMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: The Colonists (Die Kolonisten) fanMicrobadge: Beer fan
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
Takvorian wrote:
Thanks Arthur,

Cheers,
Marcus
Hey Marcus:

Glad I could be of help. I have a question for you, as I've not seen the office rules of this game yet. When connecting two sides of the board, does it include top to bottom as well as the side to side areas?

Thanks,

Arthur Reilly
Hi,

I've just uploaded the rulebook in english so everybody could have a look inside to read the rules. Just wait admin's agreement.
:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Ludo le gars wrote:
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
Takvorian wrote:
Thanks Arthur,

Cheers,
Marcus
Hey Marcus:

Thanks,

Arthur Reilly
Hi,

I've just uploaded the rulebook in english so everybody could have a look inside to read the rules. Just wait admin's agreement.
:-)
Look forward to see the rules. That was nice of you to upload them. Will keep an eye out for them.

I also ordered "Lot" and "Trideo" from the same company, in case you haven't checked those out yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
Takvorian wrote:
Thanks. That sounds really cool. My order has been placed with Gerhards und Spiel & Design already, just need it to show up. Can't wait.

Thanks again, and keep enjoy the game.

Arthur Reilly
You are really ordering them directly from Germany? That must be quite an amount of postage and customs fees for you to pay, not to mention the price of the games themselves...

That's what I call passion thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Who did you order C-Cross from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
Of course from Gerhards. But I am German so no postage and customs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Takvorian wrote:
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
Of course from Gerhards. But I am German so no postage and customs...
LOL, Lucky You!

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2-player Games fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Copper Reviewer
I also ordered all three from Connexxion 24. They arrived on Thursday; so far, I've only gotten to play Lot. The store is reliable, ships with tracking and usually is slightly less expensive than ordering directly from Spiele und Design, though honestly I didn't check on this order. I'm so used to ordering from them, they've become my go-to for Gerhards games, which I love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
rrc1230 wrote:
I also ordered all three from Connexxion 24. They arrived on Thursday; so far, I've only gotten to play Lot. The store is reliable, ships with tracking and usually is slightly less expensive than ordering directly from Spiele und Design, though honestly I didn't check on this order. I'm so used to ordering from them, they've become my go-to for Gerhards games, which I love.
Wow, I've never heard of Connexxion 24 before. Do you hopefully have a link to this site. I'd love to check it out.

Much Appreciated,

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2-player Games fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Copper Reviewer
Sure -- Connexxion 24: https://www.connexxion24.com/index.php?language=en

I've used them for several years and never had a problem. It usually takes a month (give or take a few days) from when you order for the games to arrive at home in the States. They carry a lot of my favorite brands (Gerhards, Steffen Spiele). Also, I like the site is English, which obviously helps, and they accept PayPal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
I have also ordered from them several times. Highly recommended!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
rrc1230 wrote:
Sure -- Connexxion 24: https://www.connexxion24.com/index.php?language=en

I've used them for several years and never had a problem. It usually takes a month (give or take a few days) from when you order for the games to arrive at home in the States. They carry a lot of my favorite brands (Gerhards, Steffen Spiele). Also, I like the site is English, which obviously helps, and they accept PayPal.
Thank you very much. I'll have to check it out.

Happy Holidays,

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls