John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it doesn't change gameplay, some of the flavour text on the cards is factually incorrect and surprising given the fact that the designer went out of the way to make a game about quantum physics.

One case in point is that quarks do not have 1/2 electric charge. Up quarks have a +2/3e while down quarks have a -1/3e charge. It's the only way you can get whole numbers of electric charge using 3 particles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCloud
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
Thank you. I was thinking of trying to track down a copy, but your note has persuaded me that it would not be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Galiel
msg tools
Long belated response to an old post, but worth noting that the quark charge error on that one card was corrected in a correction/rules clarification sheet that was included in retail games when it came to market, and was also sent to all Kickstarter backers.

It was an unfortunate typo that didn't get caught until the game was already in manufacturing. If you found any additional errors, please let us know, as that is the only one anyone has ever noted. Always good to have a set of eagle-eyes on the job!

We're just about sold out of the first edition, and will be sure to correct that error (and any others you can find for us) in the 2nd edition, due in 2018. (2nd edition will also feature completely overhauled rules, gameplay and graphic design).

I'll send you a complimentary copy, John, when the 2nd edition comes out. Same offer to anyone who finds factual error or bug in any of our games. You can email me your mailing address via the contact form on our website, elbowfish.com

And thanks again for the catch!

David Galiel, CEO Elbowfish LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Anderson
United States
Fort KickAss
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DavidGaliel wrote:
...and was also sent to all Kickstarter backers.
Never received one, so that statement is not correct. Must have been with the other items never printed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Galiel
msg tools
If you were a backer and you did not receive the Addendum along with your backer rewards, or, if you purchased Antimatter Matters and it did not come with the Addendum attached, you can download it here:

https://elbowfish.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/AM-Rules-Ad...

It's a one page PDF. It clarifies some of the confusing language in the rulebook and corrects that one physics error noted by the previous commenter. Antimatter Matters was the first game Elbowfish created, and we aren't perfect :-)

If you have any other concerns about your order, you can use the contact form at https://elbowfish.com/contact-us/

I personally review all inquiries and will make sure your concern is addressed promptly.

David Galiel, CEO Elbowfish LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls