Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ali Shamsi
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I managed to pick up a copy of Greed in Essen, only to realize to my chagrin that it was the GERMAN edition, not the US/UK version, that I'd picked up.

Dang.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts re: converting the cards (or having a crib sheet?) that'd allow this to be played by English speakers?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (other than, "go out an buy the US edition" )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
netarc wrote:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (other than, "go out an buy the US edition" )
Learn German....devil

seriously though there is a lot of text on the cards that you will need to read. Not sure there is a good way to do it without putting a sticker with the English translation on every card. With that much work it would be cheaper to buy/trade for an English version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
I have following ideas:

1. You may find almost all texts of the cards in the internet via Google Image Search and Youtube HD Reviews, since all cards have an individual number. Take a look at the pictures from the game here.

2. And you may ask Queen Games if they send you the english texts via mail.

3. Translate via Google Translate or similar.

4. At the end post any remaining card numbers you don't know here and someone helps out here with english texts.

The rules PDF is here online for donwload (Here are also some cards in it).

(Click the links here in the texts help)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
netarc wrote:

Learn German....devil

seriously though there is a lot of text on the cards that you will need to read. Not sure there is a good way to do it without putting a sticker with the English translation on every card. With that much work it would be cheaper to buy/trade for an English version.
Sorry Ali but I have to agree with Dan. There are so many cards and critical text that you either doctor every single card to have the english on it, or spend every turn consulting a crib sheet (a very long crib sheet, at that).

The crib sheet will suck the fun out of a fast game and the time plus cost of sleeving and doctoring all the cards isn't worth it for a game that is pretty cheap.

Sell your german copy for whatever you can get and re-buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of text, I agree that your best bet is to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls