United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy just made an update on the ORIGINAL CW KS, which explains that on the 02 KS, the "upgraded cardstock" which comes with EVERY pledge level (including the $1 level), now comes with all of the following:

1) a Doom Track on upgraded cardstock.

2) Ritual Tracks for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, AND 8 players on upgraded cardstock.

3) ALL of the accumulated balance changes and errata since the game's release, on printed, physical spellbooks, and faction cards. Currently this consists of 2 replacement spellbooks and 4 replacement faction cards but is subject to change as gaming and analysis continues. Please note that the game as it stands is well-balanced, and these are minor adjustments.

For those who are unaware, the "upgrade" cardstock just means it is printed by our new factory, the way the new expansions are done.

The errata/balance are indeed minor, and they are for the following, I believe (if I'm not mistaken!) -

spellbook:
A) Red Sign adds combat to Shub per Dark Young
B) other one???

faction cards:
A) Black Goat: slightly diff. awakening requirements, and also includes the new combat bonus with Red Sign
B) Cthulhu: spellbook requirement minor change
C) Opener: combat for Yog is only based on Faction GOOs
D) WW: a slight change to Hibernate that perhaps Sandy wants to reveal himself, since it's actually DIFFERENT than what was recently announced a few months ago.

Please don't mistake the forest for the trees on this one - the errata and balance changes are QUITE minor in full context.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
B) other one???
YS: "When one of your Cultists is Eliminated by an enemy during the Action Phase (Captured, Killed, etc.), gain 1 Power."

Honestly I forgot what was there before. Did it originally not limit it to the Action Phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
etherton wrote:
Quote:
B) other one???
YS: "When one of your Cultists is Eliminated by an enemy during the Action Phase (Captured, Killed, etc.), gain 1 Power."

Honestly I forgot what was there before. Did it originally not limit it to the Action Phase?
It didn't specify 'enemy', allowing you to use High Priests as pseudo-lethargy (pay 3 to recruit, sac for 3 power) and to gain positive power by using Yuggoth surgery and summoning Eihort to turn your cultists into other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you guys are right. It was Passion.

But also, we're already realizing it needs to include Screaming Dead and He Who Must Not Be Named as well, b/c it needs to clarify that the second Action is OPTIONAL.

So...it's going to be 4 spellbooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, good, we had questions more than once about the second action being optional or not, glad to see that clarified. I think we cheesed it by claiming the second action was "leave and re-enter a gate".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etherton wrote:
Ah, good, we had questions more than once about the second action being optional or not, glad to see that clarified. I think we cheesed it by claiming the second action was "leave and re-enter a gate".
hahaha, that's a great loophole, that I think has been mentioned before.

See, minor changes! haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Yes, you guys are right. It was Passion.

But also, we're already realizing it needs to include Screaming Dead and He Who Must Not Be Named as well, b/c it needs to clarify that the second Action is OPTIONAL.

So...it's going to be 4 spellbooks.
Yes. My gameslawyer friends will leave me alone now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Gilbert
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this Windwalker change you are alluding to different then the one where he only gains hibernate power from faction GOOs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Origin Discharging Port: SHANGHAI,CHINA.

Destination Location: MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

Arrival 3:00 PM 16-Nov-2015

The proverbial "slow boat from China" !

But seriously, thanks for providing these upgrades and errata. This was an instant pledge from me. Great stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
For those who are unaware, the "upgrade" cardstock just means it is printed by our new factory, the way the new expansions are done.
Arthur, sorry, I haven't had enough coffee to work this out myself and I've long since given up on the KS comment section...

After reading this awesome news in the update I am considering doing away with my faction board upgrade add on (which I was just getting for the errata anyway) and getting one of the other expansions instead.

Am I right in assuming that all of my game components across the core game I already own and the expansions I am getting in OS2 are going to match up re: card stock etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arthur, that is really wonderful news. I've upgraded my existing components with the (currently 4 balance adjustments) but it will be great to have fresh spellbooks and faction cards sporting all 6(I must have missed the memo...) adjustments.

Petersen Games once again shows that they really respect and listen to their customers and fans!

thumbsupcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome news. So as a DVM backer (now MFO) I can safely assume, that all my material will be upgraded (stock and die-cut) and all the errata included?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as a DVM and now MFO backer, will I get the 3mm die-cut faction cards for free? the Pledge calculator is not clear on this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loig wrote:
as a DVM and now MFO backer, will I get the 3mm die-cut faction cards for free? the Pledge calculator is not clear on this...
Yes you will, as a DVM backer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
Loig wrote:
Yes you will, as a DVM backer
Okay, cool, that definitely wasn't clear to me either. I thought we got upgraded card stock versions of things, but not the 3mm cardboard versions.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that include the Tcho-Tcho faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordZon wrote:
it comes with trains?
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
LordZon wrote:
it comes with trains?
shake
Ticket to Ride, Tcho-Tcho edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordZon wrote:
The Tcho Tcho faction card will be 3mm die cut in the Tcho Tcho expansion box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Mortis
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
therealtheshader wrote:
LordZon wrote:
it comes with trains?
shake
Everytime you claim a ticket, you lose sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kmortis wrote:
Lurkfish wrote:
therealtheshader wrote:
LordZon wrote:
it comes with trains?
shake
Everytime you claim a ticket, you lose sanity.
Horror on the Orient Express!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel N
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Letters from Whitechapel fanMicrobadge: Pandemic fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Kemet fanMicrobadge: Neuroshima Hex! fan
Would you please update the errata? just to use it while we wait one year for corrected fation cards and spellbooks to arrive... I want to thank you for the new stuff, it shows you really care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marble
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Does the change to Passion affect Ghroth? We've been running that Passion doesn't work on Ghroth in a two player game, this might solve that at a deeper level. As I read it... if the YS chooses for Ghroth to hit YS Cultists then Passion would fail to do anything, if the enemies timed out and the BG player chose YS Cultists for Ghroth targets Passion would work as normal. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Passion errata isn't actually a rule change, it's correcting a misprint. I believe Sandy and co have always played it such that Ghroth triggers Passion, regardless of whether or not the losses on voluntary on the part of Yellow Sign, and I don't expect that to change.

Passion also totally works on Ghroth in a two player game, because the two factions are still technically enemies that just happen to share owners (which is why they can still battle eachother and so forth).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the errata was supposed to stop Passion from triggering off of Ghroth. Otherwise it's way too easy for YS to just take it every time with no consequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |