Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry DeYoung
United States
Export
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any updated news on the English reprint? Will it be available in time for Christmas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Z-man asking about this but still haven't received a response. I'll update when they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully they will spell Beijing correctly this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ditto Lee
msg tools
It is called "Dadu" back then, but I will settle for Beijing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dittolee wrote:
It is called "Dadu" back then, but I will settle for Beijing.
Well they spell it Bejing. It's one of the main cities on the board, still can't believe they spelled it wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well as I expected ... Useless and
Not helpful but here it is.

"Hi Andrew,

Marco Polo is currently in the middle of a reprint process. Any detail regarding availability will be updated on our social media outlets.

Have a nice day,"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I went on their FB page posted the question and private messaged them asking the exact same question. Let's see if they can be more helpful on facebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Davis
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a comment to your question on FB. Hopefully it helps to get some additional attention. Perhaps if others also ask similar questions on FB we can get a more clear answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmpterman2 wrote:
I added a comment to your question on FB. Hopefully it helps to get some additional attention. Perhaps if others also ask similar questions on FB we can get a more clear answer.

judging by the endless comments before mine with people asking questions and getting ignored I don't expect them to answer. It's a shame customers who want to spend money on their products can't even get an estimate on availability. I get that they might not know but hell at least give us an estimate even if it's a broad one at that.

Poor service compared to others! They need to take notes from FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Not sure how much it means, but Z-Man Games just posted a picture of Marco Polo on twitter with the caption "Soon. Very soon!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
mastertml wrote:
Not sure how much it means, but Z-Man Games just posted a picture of Marco Polo on twitter with the caption "Soon. Very soon!"
https://twitter.com/Zmangames_/status/665179677120593920
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:
mastertml wrote:

looks like very soon was sooner than we thought. I just got a shipping notification from Boardgamebliss saying my copy is on it's way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kuster
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:
mastertml wrote:

looks like very soon was sooner than we thought. I just got a shipping notification from Boardgamebliss saying my copy is on it's way.
So did I but was advised that it's actually the german version, at least mine is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roberious wrote:
alandric wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:
mastertml wrote:

So did I but was advised that it's actually the german version, at least mine is.

It better not be!!!!

I ordered the top one which is english and Z-Man edition.

(edit: bosco confirmed this is the english version)

The Voyages of Marco Polo *PRE-ORDER*

$41.95 CAD
Designer Simone Luciani Daniele Tascini Publisher Z-Man Games Players 2-4 Playtime 40-100 mins Suggested Age 12 and up Honors 2015 Kennerspiel des Jahres Recommended Additional Info 171623/voyages-marco-polo https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1578879/voyages-marco-polo/r... In 1271, 17-year-old Marco Polo started on a journey to China with his father...

Auf den Spuren von Marco Polo (Import)

$67.95 CAD
Designer Simone Luciani Daniele Tascini Publisher Hans im Glück Verlags-GmbH Players 2-4 Playtime 40-100 mins Suggested Age 12 and up Honors 2015 Kennerspiel des Jahres Recommended Additional Info 171623/voyages-marco-polo https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1578879/voyages-marco-polo/r... Note: This game is in German. Based on BoardGameGeek the game is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Staus

Oregon
msg tools
badge
ZMan's website shows it as in stock but I haven't seen it at other distrubitors yet. Hopefully it's safe to assume that will happen soon?

http://zmangames.com/product-details.php?id=1759

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarsen Lintel
Canada
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Hawaii fanMicrobadge: Amerigo fanMicrobadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Orléans fan
alandric wrote:
roberious wrote:
alandric wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:
mastertml wrote:

It better not be!!!!

I ordered the top one which is english and Z-Man edition.

(edit: bosco confirmed this is the english version)

The Voyages of Marco Polo *PRE-ORDER*

$41.95 CAD
Designer Simone Luciani Daniele Tascini Publisher Z-Man Games Players 2-4 Playtime 40-100 mins Suggested Age 12 and up Honors 2015 Kennerspiel des Jahres Recommended Additional Info 171623/voyages-marco-polo https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1578879/voyages-marco-polo/r... In 1271, 17-year-old Marco Polo started on a journey to China with his father...

Auf den Spuren von Marco Polo (Import)

$67.95 CAD
Designer Simone Luciani Daniele Tascini Publisher Hans im Glück Verlags-GmbH Players 2-4 Playtime 40-100 mins Suggested Age 12 and up Honors 2015 Kennerspiel des Jahres Recommended Additional Info 171623/voyages-marco-polo https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1578879/voyages-marco-polo/r... Note: This game is in German. Based on BoardGameGeek the game is...
Got mine yesterday it's the English edition.

Although the green dice are a different shade than what I was expecting. All the videos and pics I've seen have a really bright shade of neon green, but these are more forest (or maybe lawn?) green.

Not a huge deal, but one of the first things that got my attention about this game was the bright green dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben B
United States
Yakima
Washington
flag msg tools
SarsenLintel wrote:

Although the green dice are a different shade than what I was expecting. All the videos and pics I've seen have a really bright shade of neon green, but these are more forest (or maybe lawn?) green.

Not a huge deal, but one of the first things that got my attention about this game was the bright green dice.
That's kind of disappointing. Mine should be in the mail soon from Canada. Just curious, does the back of the box show the color of dice you were expecting? Or is it the same color as what was included in the box?

I'm with you. I really like the color of the original green dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarsen Lintel
Canada
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Hawaii fanMicrobadge: Amerigo fanMicrobadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Orléans fan
benchilada wrote:
SarsenLintel wrote:

That's kind of disappointing. Mine should be in the mail soon from Canada. Just curious, does the back of the box show the color of dice you were expecting? Or is it the same color as what was included in the box?

I'm with you. I really like the color of the original green dice.
Good question, let me check....

No, the box shows the colour I received. I guess they must've changed it for this printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they fix the Beijing spelling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check where the newly printed copies were made. It's possible they switched the manufacturer from the original (which looked like Ludo Fact in Germany) to one in China. That's why the first printing of Terra Mystica had some minor visual differences between releases iirc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarsen Lintel
Canada
flag msg tools
Esvath wrote:
Did they fix the Beijing spelling?
Yep, Beijing is spelled correctly.

Though you can still see the old spelling in the picture on the back of the box.

Happymrdave wrote:
Check where the newly printed copies were made. It's possible they switched the manufacturer from the original (which looked like Ludo Fact in Germany) to one in China. That's why the first printing of Terra Mystica had some minor visual differences between releases iirc.
It was Made in Germany.

Ah, here's a pic that shows the new green shade - bottom left corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
www.GameBrainPod.com
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmmm, new green definitely not as fun as that awesome neon green. Bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
It's on CSI now as fyi
For me, it's still out of stock in CSI. What on stock is the Grand Austria Hotel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard any updates about US distribution of the reprint? I contacted Miniature Market and they told me they had no idea when the game would be back in stock. I would love to get this game for Christmas but it doesn't look very possible at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls