Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I've happily bought everything for netrunner so far and understood the format of updates, fixed cards, 3 of each etc. I don't understand what (if anything) is different about the new "draft" packs. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Draft packs allow you to participate in draft play. They have a random assortment of cards in them. Each draft "hand" you'll look at some of the cards in the pack, choose one to keep, and then pass the rest to the person sitting next to you. You'll keep doing this until there are no more cards left to pick. Once you've completed four draft hands (or eight if you draft both runner and corp side), then everybody builds decks out of their chosen cards and plays with those games. It's a different way to experience the game.

People are excited about the new draft set because the latest one includes cards in it from Mumbad cycle that have yet to be released. (This "Hardwired" set is the fourth such draft set to come out.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm so if I want the mumbad cards I can just wait and buy a fixed set with no randomness later, right? Thanks for your answer by the way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
hmmm so if I want the mumbad cards I can just wait and buy a fixed set with no randomness later, right? Thanks for your answer by the way
yes.

also, it should be noted that not all Mumbad cards will be available in the draft, many cards from other sets are included, and some cards can change between draft sets and final release (such as the case with Archives Interface, which cost 2 in the draft cycle but 3 when it was finally released in Order & Chaos), so the default really is waiting for the regular release. and most people won't really want to play against you with the new cards outside of draft games anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Hi, I've happily bought everything for netrunner so far and understood the format of updates, fixed cards, 3 of each etc. I don't understand what (if anything) is different about the new "draft" packs. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks
Shameless plug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls