Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not the first time LnL has done this, either. No more risk taking when it comes to LnL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horrido wrote:
It's not the first time LnL has done this, either. No more risk taking when it comes to LnL.
Mark Walker is no longer around to screw up the design. This is what it should have been the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys

The old design was not not wrong but different. Many people liked it and many did not. When I took over the company, I had a good talk with Ed Teixeira from Two Hour Wargames on his ideas and what we wanted for the game.

So All Things Zombie Reloaded is more of what the original designer had intended and wanted for the game. Since I have owned the company we have clearly marked on our store any combining or updated of games and systems.

This edition in the All Things Zombie series is a different in design and what is in the box. We have added more maps (none of them double sided as in the original), new player aids, player cards and in many ways new gaming options to the system.

So I hope that makes this a little clearer to everyone.

David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
LNL Publishing wrote:
Hi Guys

The old design was not not wrong but different. Many people liked it and many did not. When I took over the company, I had a good talk with Ed Teixeira from Two Hour Wargames on his ideas and what we wanted for the game.

So All Things Zombie Reloaded is more of what the original designer had intended and wanted for the game. Since I have owned the company we have clearly marked on our store any combining or updated of games and systems.

This edition in the All Things Zombie series is a different in design and what is in the box. We have added more maps (none of them double sided as in the original), new player aids, player cards and in many ways new gaming options to the system.

So I hope that makes this a little clearer to everyone.

David.

it plays differently. The thought going into the new modules is making a LNL fanboi all over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Youtz
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No to mention, if you make expansions, I'll be all over them!

I own both versions and it's not an issue, they play very differently. Dawn of the Zeds is on it's third iteration and I keep buying them also. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Sorry you feel that way, but if you have both games and have played them, you will see that they are significantly different. Just reading the rules may not make it so obvious.

The artwork is similar in some cases, but they are not the same game. You also have two new maps as well as the original four have been updated to fit the Event Cards.

The changes in game mechanics in Reloaded return to the true game that was sent to LnL, not the altered version the 1st one had.

The new one allows for more interaction with other humans - both players and NPCs - as well as Event Cards, an open ended Campaign system that makes every game unique, and streamlined mechanics.Add in the unaltered original way to generate zombies and you have a whole new game.

If you have any questions that I can help with, feel free to ask. Thanks for posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
Microbadge: Air WargamerMicrobadge: UK Airborne ForcesMicrobadge: Zombicide Season 1 fanMicrobadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...Microbadge: Warhammer Quest forever!
Eagerly awaiting this to hit the UK cool

Never had the first edition, but hey....its zombies whats not to like surprise

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Mark Walker is no longer around to screw up the design. This is what it should have been the first time.

Quote:
The changes in game mechanics in Reloaded return to the true game that was sent to LnL, not the altered version the 1st one had.
An interesting insight.

Off topic, but was this a regular occurrence with games submitted to LnL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
SJack wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
An interesting insight.

Off topic, but was this a regular occurrence with games submitted to LnL?

I can only speak to my case and I will say it was a case of miscommunication. Mark was and is a stand up guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the last edition and found it a bit bland, repetitive and therefore boring.

Is this one much better?

I feel cheated having to buy it again, but might do if it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
fentum wrote:
I bought the last edition and found it a bit bland, repetitive and therefore boring.

Is this one much better?

This review was just posted.

http://rpggeek.com/thread/1503486/how-does-it-feel-surviving...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az_sunsets73 wrote:
fentum wrote:

Is this one much better?

This review was just posted.

http://rpggeek.com/thread/1503486/how-does-it-feel-surviving...
Yes, I read that prior to posting here. It's what made me think about buying again. Also just read your blog articles. Gameplay looks much better, but I'm put off by those map misalignments and incorrect counters.

I'll probably wait for second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure I understand the issue with the map misalignment - What is so tough about just overlaying one of the maps ( think it was 2 in that review) a quarter of an inch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I am not sure I understand the issue with the map misalignment - What is so tough about just overlaying one of the maps ( think it was 2 in that review) a quarter of an inch?
If I'm paying good money for something then I'd rather the QA was spot on. I'd hate to have to balance paper maps at precise points in order to play the game. I'd be knocking them out of place all the time.

Hex and counter games with paper maps are already quite challenging to my large digits!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls