Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NSKN has done some in the past as well, so I guess it's to be expected. Still, first I'd heard of it:

http://www.nskn.net/en2/simurgh-goes-kickstarter/?utm_source...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner KniziaMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: I'm obsessed with Obsession!Microbadge: Dikke knuffel (Big Hugs) for everybody
Yep, I got the regular NSKN email Thursday. The limited run at Essen was to test the waters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this teacher's page.
badge
Microbadge: I practice Random Acts of KindnessMicrobadge: Pay it ForwardMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: I Pay it Forward FirstMicrobadge: 4G fan. Win a free game of your choice!
This is very exciting! I am glad this will see a full print run! The game is gorgeous and was a hit at Essen.

The added expansion sounds promising, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope they have a pledge level for just the Expansion and all SG since I picked a copy of the game in Essen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Hope they have a pledge level for just the Expansion and all SG since I picked a copy of the game in Essen
Ditto. I also fear the price we paid for our copy in Essen will turn out to have been too high

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: I practice Random Acts of KindnessMicrobadge: Pay it ForwardMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: I Pay it Forward FirstMicrobadge: 4G fan. Win a free game of your choice!
I also hope for an Expansion-only pledge level (including stretch goals). I would assume that will be the case.

As for the price paid at Essen — did you, or did you not, get a chance to get your copy WAY ahead of everyone else?

They haven't said anything about a price point for Kickstarter, but I don't think the Essen price was unreasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you can't complain about price when you bought the game at a Con like Essen, where you know full well you're not getting any deals on new games. You got 1 of 350 copies of a game that might not have seen another print run (and still might not). And it likely won't be available for another year. It's the same as Kickstarter backers complaining when they paid more than the OLGS price once a game is available at retail. Games are almost always more expensive on Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game at essen, I can't remember what price I paid for it. I sales pitch was conviencing enough about there was only so many copies made and to have this game before anyone else was enough to sway me. The sad thing is I shipped this game to a friend to hold for me until I get back, I am back but will not see my friend until next weekend.

I too would like a KS pledge level of just the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there will be a pledge level with all stretch goals and just the expansion. And you can be sure that nobody (people who got heir game in Essen, people who kickstart the game) will feel that they got the worse side of the deal.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the new printing fix some of the clarity issues in terms of being able to see all the text printed on the tiles and action spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The only clarity issue I'm aware of is the one on the board with the /

Are there others as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
The only clarity issue I'm aware of is the one on the board with the /

Are there others as well?
I also only noticed the issue with the white "/" being almost invisible...

By the way, will there be a solution for this? Stickers or a new board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Sharpie and a steady hand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it myself, but I was really interested in the game, so I listened to the Punching Cardboard podcast about it. Episode 80, between 34:53 and 38:57.

They talked about the invisible "or" slash, the small typography, and also that the colors of the dragons weren't clear and some of the numbers on the corner of some of the dragon tiles were also printed white on white when the art has clouds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
There is hardly any text, other than the numbers on the scoring track, and numbers for Power Points or to indicate multiples of something (for space saving purposes). The rest is mostly icons, and I find the iconography to be quite clear.

The number in the corner of the dragon tiles serves no in-game function. So, while that's unfortunate, it's not important for game play.

The simurgh themselves are not necessarily identified by color alone, but by the shape of the head/body/wings as well. Being able to identify different dragons is important for scoring purposes. However, I have not found that they are that difficult to tell apart, though I can see why it may be more of a challenge to identify them at a quick glance across the table.

The invisible "/" (and one or two more which do not stand out as much as they should) are a bummer, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
Sharpie and a steady hand
I tried using a sharpie, but my hand is not so steady anymore, my lines are not so perfect.

I found 3 slashes on the game board that are missing the "shadowing" that would enable the view to be clear if it is an either/or seleciton in between resouces (don't have the board in front of me to say which places that need the extra mark). There is one worker placement spot that does have the "shadowing" on the slash so that is what I am basing the correction on. many of the tiles also hve the same missing "shadowing" on the slash in between different resources to choose from.

The problem is I was questioning if I got all the missing "shadowing" and mistakenly marked a line on an "objective" square for required resources. Now I have a figure out how to get rid of the mark that needs removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
T minus 4 hours and 30 minutes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the KS launch is closer and closer!

As for the slash issue, we will be fixing that with the KS. But for everyone who wants to make slashes more visible with a sharpie (or any other way), please remember that you'll find a detailed description of every single Action Space (both from the board, and from the tiles) in the rulebook. So, if you have any doubts, remember that you can check it out there.

So, we're already excited, and we're hoping to see you on Kickstarter in a few hours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls