Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Finishing a mystery on the same turn the AO awakens. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Boomsma
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
In my last game we completed(2 eldritch tokens on the mystery) our second mystery of the game. During the mythos phase of that same turn we had to move the omen tracker to the Eclipse causing Syzygy to awaken (or activate).

The mystery states that it's resolved at the end of the mythos phase, but so does the awakening of the AO. Do we still finish the mystery or do we go to the final mistery with only 1 clue token as a bonus (from the previous mystery).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If two effects resolve simultaneously, you get to choose the order. Most people will choose to have the mystery solved first, so you get the extra clue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am reading correctly..you have the mystery waiting to finish AFTER the Mythos phase. While DOING the Mythos phase, your GOO awakes.

If that is the case, your mystery is not solved before the awaking because he awoke as part of the Mythos phase, not after it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaoticGemini wrote:
If I am reading correctly..you have the mystery waiting to finish AFTER the Mythos phase. While DOING the Mythos phase, your GOO awakes.
Look at the Syzygy sheet.
It "wakes up" at the end of mythos phase. At precisely the same moment a mystery is completed.
Like Xelto said, if things happen at the same time, you get to choose the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
ChaoticGemini wrote:
Look at the Syzygy sheet.
It "wakes up" at the end of mythos phase. At precisely the same moment a mystery is completed.
Like Xelto said, if things happen at the same time, you get to choose the order.

Ah-ha. I follow now. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.