Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rauenzahn
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Everybody to the Limit!
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: Parent of Two Girls and One BoyMicrobadge: Fan of Games Dripping with ThemeMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
I'm sorry if this is in the manual or on BGG and I just missed it, but here are three questions we had before playing our first game.

1) When assigning a worker to the hunting grounds, if I have no unassigned vikings, then am begging, but if I have unassigned vikings then I am hunting?

2) Favor Rerolls: Reroll All, Reroll 1, or Reroll any amount?

3) Merchant Ships are marked as stackable. So if no one goes there in a round, there will be two there the next round. If I then go there, can I buy from both ships or my choice of one of the ships. Afterwards, do all the ships then get discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jer29Thirteen wrote:
I'm sorry if this is in the manual or on BGG and I just missed it, but here are three questions we had before playing our first game.
Thanks for your questions and sorry they weren't clearer in the book.

Quote:
1) When assigning a worker to the hunting grounds, if I have no unassigned vikings, then am begging, but if I have unassigned vikings then I am hunting?
Begging only occurs when you chose to place a worker on your player board instead of on a space. It's a last resort. 99% of the time, there is a better place for your worker.

Quote:
2) Favor Rerolls: Reroll All, Reroll 1, or Reroll any amount?
You may reroll any/all the dice you just rolled. It's your choice.

Quote:
3) Merchant Ships are marked as stackable. So if no one goes there in a round, there will be two there the next round. If I then go there, can I buy from both ships or my choice of one of the ships. Afterwards, do all the ships then get discarded?
Each round, the new merchant ship covers up the previous one. There is only 1 available each round.

Hope this helps.
And may you earn Odin's Favor!

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rauenzahn
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Everybody to the Limit!
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: Parent of Two Girls and One BoyMicrobadge: Fan of Games Dripping with ThemeMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
Thanks for the quick reply. We adjusted the rules on the fly.

So are the merchant ships stackable just to avoid a discard pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jer29Thirteen wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. We adjusted the rules on the fly.

So are the merchant ships stackable just to avoid a discard pile?
I suppose. Though I don't think that was ever a conscious choice as in "we should do this in order to avoid a discard pile"

In development, there just never seemed to be a need to add the extra step of putting those cads somewhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls