George I.
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, whenever you may take a crystal and you already have three (3) crystals of that color, you take a mana token instead. This has to be spent until the end of your turn.

What happens though if you acquire such a token at the end of your turn? For example, I stand on a blue mine and I already have 3 blue crystals in my inventory, therefore I get a blue mana token at the end of my turn. Is it lost or do I keep it until the end of my next turn, since my current turn has already ended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sumit K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you lose it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben De Tullio
United States
Pembroke Pines
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"End of your turn" is still part of the turn - it just happens at the end. So, if you gain a mana token at the end of your turn, you also lose that mana token, since tokens do not carry over from turn to turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odemus wrote:
"End of your turn" is still part of the turn - it just happens at the end. So, if you gain a mana token at the end of your turn, you also lose that mana token, since tokens do not carry over from turn to turn.
That's not the reason. Note that the "clean up your play area" is the 3rd step of your end of turn: if you gained a mana token after that, you wouldn't lose it.

However, the end of turn sequence specifies that:

Quote:
4b. If you end your turn on a crystal mine, you gain a crystal of the mine’s color to your Inventory (unless you have 3 crystals of that color already – in which case you get nothing).
Quote:
5. Rewards from combat:
a. Crystals – add them to your Inventory (unless you already have 3 of that color – then nothing happens).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clear as day. Thank you all, especially Magnesi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls