Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Brua
United States
Ojai
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very excited to get this game and there are a few kids in our extended family.
I was just wondering how mature the content is and is it kid friendly?
When I say Kid I mean is it friendly for 11 to 14 year olds?

Are the card stories very graphic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...Well... not sure I can tell this without spoiler, I can say that they are a few content, that may be not friendly to a child... I'm gonna put it in spoiler in you really curious what are they.

1. Asylum case
Spoiler (click to reveal)

There is a side story about doctor try to advantage of female patient, but well, only one card.

There is one card, that contain a picture of girl without any dress, ...yes they try to conceal it with smoke that shape almost like the dress, I didn't notice it in the first glance. I cant remember exactly now, may be it is not that nudity?

Some weird looking humanoid creatures.. A few of them are pretty scary for me at first glance, but later I cant remember much about them. (I guess fighting them make me forget their face lol)

2. Marcy case
Spoiler (click to reveal)

There is some pictures of woman with blood and bruise on the face, not that scary but... well some people may be sensitive about women get hurt.

Blood, Meat, and Zombies, if your kids can watch Walking Dead, this one is no worry at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the back of the box say 12+

I'm not sure that I see this kind of content when I'm 12.
But then again, there is no internet at that time. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennie
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm half way through playing Asylum with my 8 year old son. The scenario content so far has been fine, but we are both a bit creeped out by the "Receptacles," the characters we are required to play. I'm not excited about the zombie theme in the next deck either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Allaby
Canada
Stirling
Ontario
flag msg tools
Belleville, ON area game group. Contact me for details.
badge
"Behold, the face of your destruction, and of my victory!"
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played with my 10 yr old twins.

We glossed over the cocaine fiend, erotomania and cannibalistic character traits.

We also kinda danced around cocaine in general. It was a bit difficult trying to explain that it is a very bad drug that you should not touch, that actually heals you in this game. We ended up explaining it has horrible long term effects, but for our short time in this world, it does provide the character some extra stimulation for the short term effect.

Everything else is a little dark, but nothing that seemed to be too inappropriate.

We had a great time overall. Love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no way I would play this with my kids, but then I really dislike the entire horror and zombie genre, so take that into account. My son is pretty sensitive and the stuff in this game would really agitate/disturb him.

Not the case for others as you can tell above, so it likely depends on how sensitive your kids are to these types of things.

I wish they would have chosen a more kid friendly adventure for the base game...I enjoyed the system, but the content really turned me off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd equate this to somewhere between a PG-13 and R movie rating. Drug use, gore (although not extreme), and sexually suggestive themes are present. The mental asylum theme can also be a bit disturbing to some (as pointed out above).

Amazing game, but not very kid-friendly IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree with the above two posters.

We are not at all interested in horror as a story theme and are also disappointed we would not be able to play this game with our sons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls