Subject: Foam core insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Levin
Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I just wanted to share with you an insert I made for the game. Me and my group love this game and we have been playing it very often recently, so I decided to make a foam core insert to facilitate the set up.

This is my second shot at an insert, and the first that I designed myself, so be warned. Also, after a few tests, I think I'll make some adjustments, but pretty much is done.

This is how it looks with everything inside:

As the board is smaller than the box, I came up with a "second cover" solution that have this edges to make it stick there. Here it is:

And this is how everything looks underneath:

These are removable trays, so they can be placed next to the board while playing and you can take the components from them:

I Thought about some trays for the player components too, but couldn't find a way to fit them.

Finally, this is how the box looks with the remaining components after you remove the trays:

What do you think? Any advice?

Hope you liked it.

Rodrigo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my this is fantastic!

Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job!
I'm sure it really helps during setup. Personally I like still having player baggies in there. Making player trays doesn't really help with functionality. I think people lose sight of functionality sometimes in the pursuit of flashy foam core projects
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Levin
Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
Great job!
I'm sure it really helps during setup. Personally I like still having player baggies in there. Making player trays doesn't really help with functionality. I think people lose sight of functionality sometimes in the pursuit of flashy foam core projects

Yeah I agree.

I mean, I tried, but in the end the most useful thing was to keep the bags for them. Foam core or not, I couldn't think of a better solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.