9 Posts

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Aus availability... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dice Shooter
Australia
flag msg tools
Hmmm...i wonder when can we expect this awesome game down under....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wonder what price we might find.
FFG website lists it at US$39.95, for equally priced games like Android: Netrunner we get AU$54+, and Lord of the Rings the card game it's about AU$50.
Milsims' online store is listing pre-order at AU$54 (marked down from AU$72). I'll be expecting $60+ from a brick and mortar store.
These prices relate to the current exchange rate pretty well.

I've been hoping for a decently priced release on bookdepository.com, but it seems they've gotten behind/stopped stocking FFG games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Sremić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dezza wrote:

I've been hoping for a decently priced release on bookdepository.com, but it seems they've gotten behind/stopped stocking FFG games.
THIS. Does anybody have any information about this? I noticed that no FFG game announced from GENCON onward is available on bookdepository. I am still hoping for both Runebound and Warhammer Quest to show up, but as time passes it seems that I will have to find an alternative. yuk

I have ordered almost every single game I have from there, since in Croatia games are cca 20% more expensive than their regular price (40$ games are sold at equivalent of 53$ in our stores - imagine the difference on a 100$ gameshake).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dice666 wrote:
Hmmm...i wonder when can we expect this awesome game down under....?
It's not even out yet is it? I guess it can't be long now though.

If I had to speculate, I'd say either close to Christmas or sometime in January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cox
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Milsims are a joke...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mangini
Australia
Gosnells
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good Games has it on pre-order for $64 which I'm expecting to be about the average price for this. I think the higher price listed at Milsims is to show you a better 'saving'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Shooter
Australia
flag msg tools
Well a few ppl here in bgg has already got their hands on their copy so I just thought it won't be long now till we get our hands on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
dice666 wrote:
Well a few ppl here in bgg has already got their hands on their copy so I just thought it won't be long now till we get our hands on it
I think that was due to accidental early release, it is still listed as 'On the boat' on the FFG website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt cramsie
Australia
flag msg tools
I think we're going to see more prices at about that level, if the dollar remains about where it is currently.

Conversion at the moment:
1 US dollar is roughly 1.4 Australian dollars.
So US$39.95 = ~AU$56. BUT!
US Prices don't include tax (something that's $39.95 will actually cost more based on which state you're in, since different states have different tax rates), whereas it's illegal not to include all taxes in a price in Australia (I believe). So to make the same cost(~56), you'd have to make it ~AU$61.60 (1.54x the US price). If it's $64 (1.6) in Good Games, that's actually a pretty reasonable price (~$1.40 to ship from the states? Seems pretty good).

At the moment prices of 1.5-1.6x the markup of physical products is reasonable (dependant upon the weight of the game). Electronic, less so.

Milsims has long been quite... generous in their perceptions of what other people are charging. I've not seen anybody actually charge what they say they are, but I live in Sydney - may be more expensive in other locations.

While the dollar remains at the current level, you're probably going to see a comparative level of price.

Whether you think that's fair or whether you choose to order online, or can get it cheaper is a while separate question, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls