Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Keep Calm and Play Board GamesMicrobadge: Dark chocolate lover - 70% cocoa minimumMicrobadge: Silver Board Game Collector
So I reveal the "lost" journey card and have to give up two things. Do those things have to come from the items on the actual "lost" journey card or can those items come from what is on my player board? In general, do any items you have to give up come from the items on the card or your player board?

A similar question - when you have to fight the "Kraken" journey card, after you defeat it, assuming that you do, do you then reroll your remaining dice to fight the monster, or do you keep the dice roll you rolled when you fought the kraken. I'm pretty sure you reroll, but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn VanHuss
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Beat your thoughts to the mould of your will" - Leman Russ
Microbadge: Roll Player fanMicrobadge: Near and Far fanMicrobadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Wildlands fanMicrobadge: Blood Bowl fan
I'm not an expert but this is how I've been playing it.

The Lost Journey card means you have to give up the number indicated and the items shown on the card. So if it say "Loose two items" Food / Viking Warrior You have to loose two in any combination. Either 2 food, 2 Viking Warriors or 1 of each. And they have to come from the item on the ship that is facing the Journey card, the concept being you are sending the vikings off to fight and during the journey something happens to them. This is why peeking at the card using the Sage's house is a good strategy to help you plan and take what is needed.

The Kraken is another mini monster, so you will go through combat phases with it just like a monster. After you defeat it, you continue to resolve the target monster as normal. For both combat works the same, you fight until one of the two conditions are met:

Either:
-- The monster has taken lethal damage
-- All viking warriors have been defeated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Keep Calm and Play Board GamesMicrobadge: Dark chocolate lover - 70% cocoa minimumMicrobadge: Silver Board Game Collector
Thanks Shawn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Microbadge: I love longans!Microbadge: Beet loverMicrobadge: Roast Duck loverMicrobadge: Artichoke fanMicrobadge: Avocado lover
Just wanted to add that Shawn has the right of it.

Thanks for answering. And thanks to you both for supporting our game!

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just to make sure,
beating the Kraken doesn't give you any type of bonus, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Microbadge: I love longans!Microbadge: Beet loverMicrobadge: Roast Duck loverMicrobadge: Artichoke fanMicrobadge: Avocado lover
jooice wrote:
Just to make sure,
beating the Kraken doesn't give you any type of bonus, right?
You receive 3 glory immediately (as indicated by the 3 small glory symbols - as on the rune cards) and then the Kraken is discarded.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls