Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
patrick somers
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am wondering if the second edition is gonna follow the first in the sequence of add on.... Is this gonna be a re-cycling of the first edition chapter packs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the four Chapter Packs currently listed (and partially spoiled), none is a recycled version of a first edition Chapter Pack.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/a-game-of-thr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also see all the known spoilers for those packs at my BGG blog, Four the Watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Em
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions for 2nd edition are from my understanding following a very different approach from the chapter pack cycles in 1st edition.

1st Edition Chapter pack cycles were very based on a theme - either by group or by location. Hence a cycle with an emphasis on Maesters, another with a focus on Essos rather than Westeros, a cycle about the Brotherhood without Banners and so on. Sometimes the themes were more encompassing then other times.

With 2nd edition, the chapter packs are very focused at following a loose pattern of the books. I don't know if more then one cycle will be devoted to each book, but what we know about the first cycle of chapter packs so far is that it will mostly follow characters from the first book. As time moves on the Chapters packs will slowly move through the series of books, eventually introducing characters in a similar pattern to their introduction in the books.

At the same time, Martell, Tyrell and Greyjoy don't get fleshed out in the books for a little while so I'm sure there will be a few early inclusions here and there as well. Many characters are mentioned or eluded to in the novels long before they make an appearance so it is possible we'll see them earlier here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Em
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I should add, It is speculated that new versions of earlier characters might show up as their position changes in the books- various versions of Tyrion for example as his situation changes throughout the series.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
2nd cycle might see a Hand of the King version of Tyrion, while the 3rd cycle might see a Lord Commander version of Jon Snow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls