Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Kohler
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I own 4 shares of blue, an opponent owns 3 shares, and the bank owns 1 share. During phase 5: Bureaucracy, blue powers 5 cities, thereby earning 60 Elektro, and I, as the president, elect to distribute the income.

Blue's stock price is now worth 10 more; also, I get 24 Elektro and the opponent gets 18. What happens with the rest?

I'm assuming that the bank gets 6, and the other 12 goes into the company coffers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R.
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I understood the rules, too. The dividend goes to where the share is, whether it's a player, the company, or the bank.

However, I'll say this: the money earned is a base of 20 + # of powered cities, not a base of 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Traveller RPG fanMicrobadge: 1825 fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Wears Hats
Agreed, it also isn't 20 for the first share and 10 for the rest.

So in the example, blue powers 5 cities and earns 70 electro, for a dividend of 7 per share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kennerley
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berks
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is easy way to look at the distribution of Income:

Amount of Income is 20 (base income) + 10 for each Powered City

There are 10 shares for each company and they can be in 3 places - Player Owned or Bank Owned or still owned by the Company

Once you have the total income eg a company with 3 powered cities would have 50 income (20 base + 30 from 3 Powered Cities)

So each share receives 5 income

So each player with a share gets 5 per share owned (remember the Company President Share is worth 2 Shares)
If the bank owns shares then the 5 per share goes back to the bank
Any remaining shares owned by the company (still on Company Player Mat) get the 5 income per share added to the Company Assets

Then the Stock Price is increased

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mbmbmb
We started this practice when distributing dividends:

1. Determine the total income.
2. President decides whether to give dividends. If no, take the income from the bank and put into the company stash and move on to the next company. Or else proceed to 3.
3. Determine the dividend per share.
4. Pay directly from the bank to the player with presidential share.

5. Pay to each individual player with that company's share in clockwise direction.

6. Pay to company for the shares remained in the company.

7. Move the stock price of that company by 10.

In this manner, there isn't a need to divide the income or finding a hard time getting spare change (The bank should have ample currency for all denominations). We also skipped the need, or to be reminded to pay to the bank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls