Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Metro» Forums » Rules

Subject: Finishing a line to a station that noone owns, does it still score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Campbell
Australia
Monterey
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preparing for the first play of the game.
My rules say
"As soon as a Metro line forms one continuous track from its departure station to any arrival station (either one of a players own stations or one belonging to another player)..." (emphasis mine)
so, if a line gets connected to an unowned station, it gets no points?
For example, in the 6 player game, each person gets 5 stations leaving two unowned by anyone. Connect a line to one of these and you get nothing.
Additionally, if this is the case, wouldn't you have to leave the completed stations in the board, turning them 90 degrees, otherwise you would have a hard time remembering if the station had ever been owned or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MontyBell wrote:
Preparing for the first play of the game.
My rules say
"As soon as a Metro line forms one continuous track from its departure station to any arrival station (either one of a players own stations or one belonging to another player)..." (emphasis mine)
so, if a line gets connected to an unowned station, it gets no points?
For example, in the 6 player game, each person gets 5 stations leaving two unowned by anyone. Connect a line to one of these and you get nothing.

Good point, but I strongly suspect they simply miswrote that sentence too specifically (i.e. they intended to emphasize only that the track doesn't have to finish as one of the player's stations, rather than to (mis-)emphasize that the track has to finish at some player's station). FWIW I've played the game with many different people and no one ever interpreted that rule literally to give no points for a track finishing at an unassigned station.

Also, if they really literally meant that "either own ... or another player's", then I think that the rules leave rather ambiguous/unexplained what happens in the 3rd case: "As soon as a Metro line forms one continuous track from its departure station to any arrival
station (either one of a player's own stations, or one belonging to another player)" - the parenthetical is written as if it completely covers all cases of a tracking reaching an arrival station, but it doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gibbs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you're not required to end at a station that is owned by players, since you're allowed to end a route at a station in the central island, which gains you double-score for that route, and none of those are owned by any player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dagibbs wrote:
I'm pretty sure you're not required to end at a station that is owned by players, since you're allowed to end a route at a station in the central island, which gains you double-score for that route, and none of those are owned by any player.

Heh, good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.