Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
FFG just released an exellent video about TOI.

See it here:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/tideofiron_downloads.html

(A current version of Quicktime is needed.)

This video is awesome, by the way. Left me pretty much speechless. Thanks FFG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks extremely exciting! Looking forward to this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah...looks good. Can't wait to read the rules when they're posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M G
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The video was extremely well done. I really hadn't thought much about Tide of Iron before, but now I'm intrigued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The video is very well done indeed. I like the whole History Channel feel. The bits and the infinite board configurations definitely intrigue me, but we'll see what the rules are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The viedo was an outstanding way to preview the game. I'm betting we are going to see more of these types of viedo previews from the larger game companies like FFG and Days of Wonder. Its so much more of a polished way to preview the game as opposed to the typical methods. It will be very interesting to see how the game turns out.

TK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very nice movie indeed. I like how everyone has been complaining about lack of info on this game, then FFG releases this (which they were probably working on way before the complaints rolled in). People just need to be patient.

Yes, the level of customization of the board with the overlays and the different boards is very impressive. The innovation of getting to build your squad on a base is great as well. And linking objectives to getting extra command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! This is what happens when you have an in-house video studio at your disposal...

I hope this is the start of a trend for FFG (and other large developers). This got me waay more interested in TOI than any prior look so far. It was a good combination of teaser and concrete information. I am definitely interested in learning more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ToI looks amazing, doesn't it!! Memoir 44 killer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Young
United Kingdom
Camberley
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
badge
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
mbmbmbmbmb
Well FFG that was an exceptional way to market your game, and very professional. This game is now top of my Radar list for 2007.

Looking forward to the FFG Midnight Movie also, especially if this video is anything to go by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does indeed look good...that Corey guy looks like the Ultimate Geek though - I can't imagine anyone trying to sell any other product slapping him in a promo video!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmm I want a copy. Damn you fantasy flight and your slick promotion. I'll buy it for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I haven't figured out, I can't get any quicktime movies to run on my computer, and I've downloaded all the upgrades and updates. So I found this latest offering from FFG very frustrating as everything crashed whenever I tried to run it. cry I wish they'd put it in other video formats as well.

Finally saw it on my son's computer, though, and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was more information I would have liked, but it was still an exciting show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a can't view quicktime movies on my Linux machine. At least, all I can find online are early versions of quicktime libraries. And I don't intend to write my own player.

So what's in the clip? Any new rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Purcell
United States
Bettendorf
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bravo, FFG!!! That was the best piece of marketing I've seen in awhile. Very nicely done. And very informative - it's amazing how you can really digest the information when seen visually. Video game developers have really jumped on this method of advertising during the last few years. Glad to see it coming to the board game market. Thanks for the great info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
DSpangler wrote:
For some reason I haven't figured out, I can't get any quicktime movies to run on my computer, and I've downloaded all the upgrades and updates.

I had to uninstall Quicktime and then install the latest version from Apple in order to get it to work on my PC. Simply use the "auto-update" function didn't work.

Mike Z
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nevis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
N-H
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anybody else raised an eyebrow at the expansions they want to bring out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply amazing. I was really sceptical about TOI, but the movie changed all that. Now that is THE way to sell a game! Pure class. Now I know that TOI feels more like tactical combat than what I thought before. It seems like you will be faced with pretty much the same tactical decisions you would have to make in ASL, with a Eurogame flavor added. Nice job.....

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn you Fantasy Flight!!! Now I'll have to raid my daughter's piggy bank to buy yet another WWII tactical game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was intrigued but somewhat on the fence about this... Until I watched that video. Damn you, Fantasy Flight! Damn yoooooooooooooou!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Mike. Thanks for the suggestion abuot quicktime. I did as you did and got it to working. Now I can really look at the FFG ToI video and not just watch it go by quickly over my son's shoulder! Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Konieczka
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TeufelHund wrote:
Does indeed look good...that Corey guy looks like the Ultimate Geek though - I can't imagine anyone trying to sell any other product slapping him in a promo video!

Yeah, they usually stick me in videos to make the other cast look better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
BenNevis wrote:

Why? Did they somehow seem familiar to you?arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions seem sensible and exciting. If ToI plays as well as it looks, I look forward to them, especially the pacific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Loyd
United States
Sand Springs
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am more impressed by FFG every day. I already had this on pre-order and this video just confirmed what I was hoping for!

Blind Reality wrote:
BenNevis wrote:

Why? Did they somehow seem familiar to you?arrrh

Well, it is the same war after all. I think you have to cover the eastern front and the war in the Pacific. I hope they stick to their guns and handle both with the same master game. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.