Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott YahNotHappening
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got it today, haven't played yet so these are all non-gameplay thoughts

1) this thing is huge... If you take 2 standard Fantasy Flight games and put them side by side it's still not as big as this box
1a). The size of the box allows huge components. The map is the entire length of the box and then folds out to 3x the width. It's massive.
2). The amount of spruces is overwhelming. Took me a bit to figure out where to start. If you look closely you'll find one spruce that has the word prologue on it. This spruce has 4 survivors, 1 lion, and 1 butcher on it
3) I'm a noob assembler, it took me 2.5 hours to assemble the 4 survivors and 1 lion. These are complex minis to assemble
4). You will have noticeable creases where the minis go together. Get some green stuff, it's pretty easy to work with

Planning my first 4 player session and will be back with more after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevenson Junior
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding some of mine, after 4 full sessions:

Showdowns (2 players and solo) White Lion still take about 60-75 minutes.
Settlement and Hunt phases take about 60 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blaine French

Temple
Texas
msg tools
mbmb
Unkynd wrote:
Just got it today, haven't played yet so these are all non-gameplay thoughts

2). The amount of spruces is overwhelming. Took me a bit to figure out where to start. If you look closely you'll find one spruce that has the word prologue on it. This spruce has 4 survivors, 1 lion, and 1 butcher
/smartass on

You got spruces in your box!?! I feel jipped I only got sprues. How many trees were they able to cram into your box?

/ smartass off

As a new comer to mini assembly you did really well time wise putting together the first sprue. The armor sprues are a bit more forgiving and the screaming antelope (minus the right ear) goes together nicely.

You're 100% correct on the green stuff if you're planning on painting them. If not, they work just fine and don't bother me too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott YahNotHappening
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
bfrench wrote:

/smartass on

You got spruces in your box!?! I feel jipped I only got sprues. How many trees were they able to cram into your box?

/ smartass off

As a new comer to mini assembly you did really well time wise putting together the first sprue. The armor sprues are a bit more forgiving and the screaming antelope (minus the right ear) goes together nicely.

You're 100% correct on the green stuff if you're planning on painting them. If not, they work just fine and don't bother me too much.
Haha, yah, it was late. I knew they were called sprues but still screwed it up twice.

Painted the "white" lion and 1 survivor today. I know I didn't do them as well as they deserve, but they still look better than pure grey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good. O

ne thing I am learning at the minute (the hard way) which might help is to thin the paints down. You can do a couple of coats but it allows the minis to really show off the details. If you are using washes as well then you can create some cool shadows to give it more of a 3D feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott YahNotHappening
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yah, the painting really just takes too long and I get impatient. I ordered an airbrush, so when that arrives I think I'm going to monochromatic the other survivors like someone did in another thread on here.

Still not sure what to do with the Phoenix though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls