Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The Staufer Dynasty» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are Treasure Chest Tiles kept hidden or face-up in front of players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wondered if anyone knew if the Treasure Chest tiles should be kept visible to all players, after they are taken and put in front of players. The English rules don't seem to explicitly which way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
mooken wrote:
Wondered if anyone knew if the Treasure Chest tiles should be kept visible to all players, after they are taken and put in front of players. The English rules don't seem to explicitly which way.
Which tiles you take are public information, it would be extremely odd to hide them when you take them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Tatlow
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I remember the rules saying you can hide them. We always hide them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
The original rules, written and published in German, clearly state that the treasure chests are placed face up in front of the player.
e.g. For the turquoise chests:
Quote:
Türkise Truhen – Einmalfunktion
Wenn du eine türkise Truhe nimmst, legst du diese zunächst offen vor dir aus.
offen in this context means unhidden.

I suggest for a civil game, where nearly all of the chests are obtained face up to begin with, that you do so as well, even if the rules haven't been translated correctly into your language's rule set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonBen wrote:
Which tiles you take are public information, it would be extremely odd to hide them when you take them.
That would be not at all odd, a lot of games do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls