Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghosts ability and Wormhole Nexus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Łukasz S
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Special ability of Ghosts say that if Ghosts claim system with wormhole, other players may not use other wormholes to get this system. What if Ghosts claim Wormhole Nexus system? The only way to get it is Wormhole A or B. Wormhole Nexus in this case will be Ghost's system until the end of game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
zedzik88 wrote:
Special ability of Ghosts say that if Ghosts claim system with wormhole, other players may not use other wormholes to get this system. What if Ghosts claim Wormhole Nexus system? The only way to get it is Wormhole A or B. Wormhole Nexus in this case will be Ghost's system until the end of game?
Pretty much, yes, although there are ways around this:

- If you play Cultural Crisis on the Ghosts, the ability is canceled for the game round, so you could go in and take it then.

- If the Ghosts leave only 1 (or 0) Ground Forces on Mallice, and the planet gets Local Unrest-ed (or otherwise becomes neutral), then the Ghosts no longer control the system, and someone could come attack.

There are probably other ways, too. But if the Ghosts get into Mallice, it's hard to uproot them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz S
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
I like it. But even the planet no contain Ghosts units, the system may contain Gosts ships And one more question. If we use C wormhole, special abilities of Ghosts also contain C? And if we play with more Wormhole Nexus Systems it will be balanced? When Ghosts in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zedzik88 wrote:
I like it. But even the planet no contain Ghosts units, the system may contain Gosts ships
True, but the ability only works if the Ghosts "control" the system, and control is defined as having ships in the system AND controlling all planets there. You don't necessarily have to have units on the planet to control the planet, but if it's neutral, then you don't "control" the system.

Quote:
And one more question. If we use C wormhole, special abilities of Ghosts also contain C? And if we play with more Wormhole Nexus Systems it will be balanced? When Ghosts in play?
You'd have to make a group house rule for that, strictly as written the C wormhole would not be protected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz S
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
OMG..really? I control system if i have ships and planets? I didn't know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zedzik88 wrote:
OMG..really? I control system if i have ships and planets? I didn't know
Yup

Note, though, that in a system with no planets, you control it if you just have ships there, as by default you control all zero planets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls