Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS campaign page shows that Loop Inc. hit seven stretch goals.
1. More anomaly cards.
2. Futures.
3. Office.
4. Solo variant.
5. Performance.
6. Waste.
7. Butterfly.

I think of them as three groups:

- The Solo variant (4 above), in a group by itself. I wouldn't have backed without this. It doesn't involve any additional components. It consists of a downloadable PDF, and so is available to all Loopers, not just the Loop-backers. It's the only SG I've used so far. It was fun.

- SGs 1-3 above. These were packed inside the game box for KS backers, with the cards shrink-wrapped separately from the base game cards, and the expansion rules on the back of the rulebook. 1 and 2 look to me to be the most promising of the non-solo SGs, but I haven't tried them yet.

- SGs 5-7. These were packed in the same shipping box, but outside the game box, for KS backers. Each involves "placards": thick square cards. The rules were on a slip of paper shrink-wrapped with the sheets of placards (and are also on the PDF of the solo rules).

Those who've used the SGs: What do you think? What's your favorite? Did you try them separately, or in combination? Are they even meant to work in combination?

I'm not sure how available the latter two groups of SGs will be, now that the campaign is over. I get the impression that they may not be very available. It seems strange, to me at least, to print the rules for SGs 1-3 in the "retail rulebook" if the cards for those SGs won't be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not wild about the butterfly effect. The bc trips are already the most valuable- no need to further incentivize taking them.

The performance goals are a nice touch, but the one that demands that no other player take more than one different trip looks virtually impossible.

The waste memo is meh. Looks like more trouble than it's worth.

I like the future trips and the extra anomalies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:

The performance goals are a nice touch, but the one that demands that no other player take more than one different trip looks virtually impossible.
I think, like a lot of people, you've mis-understood that performance goal. Explained here, http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1462839/need-help-understand..., that goal means that you achieved it if there are 2 or more locations that you were the only player to go to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
themanfromsaturn wrote:
That on is just really, really, really poorly worded -- its actual effect is so easy to achieve that you'd have to try not to.

What it actually means is, at the end of the game, if there are two trips that only you have gone on, you get the bonus. So if you're the only person to go to play ball in the Mayan ball court and the only one to sign the Declaration of Independence, then you get the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. I see now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra Anomalies are an auto-add for every game. They're easy to understand and fold into the game with minimal explanation.

Same with Future cards. They pay out less but give you an ability. Straightforward. Fold in after your first game.

We're exploring the Office cards this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opie wrote:
Extra Anomalies are an auto-add for every game. They're easy to understand and fold into the game with minimal explanation.

Same with Future cards. They pay out less but give you an ability. Straightforward. Fold in after your first game.

We're exploring the Office cards this weekend.
Agree on extra Anomalies and on Futures.

Hope you post your impressions of Office cards here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls