24 Posts

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Game or mini-set with living zombies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a set of at least 18 zombies, 28mm scale, plastic, that are the 28 days later kind. Not dead and rotting, or mutated and mangled, just people who look a little sick and violently crazy. Wearing clothes that could fit into any time period or setting (like ripped and tattered rags) is a huge plus.

I need 4 sets of them, so I do NOT want 1 mini. I have found semi-suitable individual minis from Reaper Miniatures. That would cost about $140. Ideally, it would be a boxed set of 20-30, like the ones for Zombicide (Angry Zombies, Toxic Zombies) for around $20 each, and I can just get 2-4 of them and spend half that.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
Living zombie, no gore/rot. So most office workers before coffee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
a little more action-posed, perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Richard Tuft
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wait and see: Zombies will rage around for a while, but soon they too will bog down in committees and endless meetings. Just keep the door shut and a gun ready until we get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really, no legit suggestions yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
Seijinzero wrote:
Unfortunately I feel like what you are asking for is something that just doesn't exist. It is decidedly not zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:
Seijinzero wrote:
Unfortunately I feel like what you are asking for is something that just doesn't exist. It is decidedly not zombies.
Well, I'm not expecting them to come in a package that says "28 Days Later"-style living zombies, of course. I'm just looking for something that will work. Any weaponless people with their arms slightly out would probably work. Any games with "victim" minis you need to rescue, and they're posed reaching out to you. Enemy characters with "Berserker" or "raging" in their name might be a candidate. Stuff like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Furnivall
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tufturk wrote:
Just wait and see: Zombies will rage around for a while, but soon they too will bog down in committees and endless meetings. Just keep the door shut and a gun ready until we get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Moore
South Africa
Grahamstown
Eastern Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.ph...

Seem to fit the bill, but not sure on size and numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rudimental wrote:
http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.ph...

Seem to fit the bill, but not sure on size and numbers.
Oh! Thank you! So close to being perfect. I just can't find out what size they are, plus they are a little too expensive. No idea how much they are charging for international shipping to the US, but with 8 in the box for around $17, that would be $153 for the sets I need. More than the $140 if I buy them separately. This is exactly what I'm looking for though. You could even go more human looking. Thanks.

See? This guy gets it!

Keep the suggestions going. Remember, it doesn't have to be a boxed set to be together. I could always buy a whole game just for its minis. I'm aiming for $1/usable mini though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
Last Night on Earth doesn't work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gaming is going on in here!Microbadge: Linux userMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: Handyman
How about the Wargames Factory Zombie Horde set? You get about 24 or so, should be about 28mm scale, a little tedious to put together, price isn't bad for that many.

http://www.amazon.com/Wargame-Factory-DF001-Zombie-Miniature...

edit: you get 24, been awhile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This should work

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/three-last-ni...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
We have a winner!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH! This is perfect! Exactly what I was looking for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
I said Last Night on Earth first, why don't I win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
I said Last Night on Earth first, why don't I win?
Because You didn't find me a link to just the minis at a good price.
It's like getting a bullseye, but then Robin Hood splits the arrow for a double bullseye for the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ddw867 wrote:
How about the Wargames Factory Zombie Horde set? You get about 24 or so, should be about 28mm scale, a little tedious to put together, price isn't bad for that many.

http://www.amazon.com/Wargame-Factory-DF001-Zombie-Miniature...

edit: you get 24, been awhile
OMG NO! Tedious is not the word. Impossible is what they are. ZERO pegs or anything to attach, for a 1 inch mini in 10 pieces. I ordered a box from them and shrieked in terror when I opened it. I returned it immediately and gave them a bad review on amazon. It said "some assembly may be required" and had no pictures of the contents of the box. It should have said "FULL, SKILLED assembly IS required, modeling glue not included" or whatever customer service lingo they want to use to warn people it's a box of microscopic parts you have to glue together.

I appreciate the suggestion, but no way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Geeeee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked at Twilight Creations Inc? they do bags of zombies as extras for their games. Available on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twilight-Creations-Zombies-Accessory...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Runners from Zombicide? They're all in movement poses and don't all look completely decayed.

Along with this, there are multiple sculpts available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Finland
Espoo/Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
What about Runners from Zombicide?
He does say "Ideally, it would be a boxed set of 20-30, like the ones for Zombicide" so I presume he has seen the runners already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bradelli wrote:
Hillean wrote:
What about Runners from Zombicide?
He does say "Ideally, it would be a boxed set of 20-30, like the ones for Zombicide" so I presume he has seen the runners already.
Yes. It's actually for this that I'm working on:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20744628#20744628

The embalmed zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JohnGeeeee wrote:
Have you looked at Twilight Creations Inc? they do bags of zombies as extras for their games. Available on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twilight-Creations-Zombies-Accessory...
I have a bunch of twilight creation minis, but they're too small. 25mm vs 28mm I think. Plus they're WAY too decayed-looking to pass for rage zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't suppose anyone has any suggestions for alternatives to these Zombie Ogres? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and spend $100 for 36 of these because they're so specific. But if anyone knows an alternative for these too, that would help out a LOT. I want to spend less than $50 for at least 36 of ones like these.
http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/77284_w_1.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls