Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markuss Runcs
Latvia
Limbazi
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you really lose 2 yellow tokens (i assume from the population) at the end of ages I, II, and III? Assuming this is a new rule since i dont remember having this whilst playing the old version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Not a new rule. Same thing happens in the previous version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightcrouser wrote:
Do you really lose 2 yellow tokens (i assume from the population) at the end of ages I, II, and III? Assuming this is a new rule since i dont remember having this whilst playing the old version.
Not a new rule. No - you don't lose them from your population - you lose them from your yellow bank, thus making it that bit more difficult to grow population and to keep them happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said, this has always been a rule. It's so show how, as your culture advances, people get more picky about their food and demand more entertainment, and losing two yellow tokens affects both of those things - your consumption goes up and your minimum happiness increases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Comings
United States
Cape Coral
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen this addressed on the previous version but not this one. If at the end of an age - your yellow bank is empty - do you not lose 2 yellow tokens? Or do you have to choose to take them from your farms, mines, military, or urban buildings and adjust your stats accordingly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You take them off your farms, mines, units or buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Videous_E wrote:
I have seen this addressed on the previous version but not this one. If at the end of an age - your yellow bank is empty - do you not lose 2 yellow tokens? Or do you have to choose to take them from your farms, mines, military, or urban buildings and adjust your stats accordingly?
thespaceinvader wrote:
You lose nothing. Again, the rulebook is crystal clear in that:

Rulebook, p. 10 wrote:
If you lose yellow tokens, return tokens from your yellow bank to the box. If there are not enough, you return all those in your yellow bank, but no more.
So, if your yellow bank is already empty, you lose nothing. The rules are clear in specifying "lose 2 yellow cubes" and not "2 population". Good luck though in dealing with 8 demanded happiness and 6 consumption.

War over Territory is deceptively powerful; at the beginning it seems that you only gain/lose yellow tokens, but it's the indirect consequences of the war that make it strong: potential uprising, consumption, famine. That could be -4 or even -8 points every turn due to famine, which is basically game over, combined with uprising. You should have an insane culture lead and the game should be approaching its end to stand a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Charlap
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
Videous_E wrote:
thespaceinvader wrote:
You lose nothing. Again, the rulebook is crystal clear in that:

Rulebook, p. 10 wrote:
If you lose yellow tokens, return tokens from your yellow bank to the box. If there are not enough, you return all those in your yellow bank, but no more.
So, if your yellow bank is already empty, you lose nothing. The rules are clear in specifying "lose 2 yellow cubes" and not "2 population". Good luck though in dealing with 8 demanded happiness and 6 consumption.
If you can actually empty your yellow bank before age 3 starts, you probably have plenty of people for an extra farm or temple. If your bank is empty at the start of age 4, you only have 1 turn to worry about it anyway.
I very rarely see the yellow bank empty- even when someone has an early OLS in play. In fact, I usually make special note of a game where this happens, due to its rarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls