Subject: AGOT PBF#358 - The revenge you want - 9 Player Variant rematch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The 7th Continent fanMicrobadge: FrosthavenMicrobadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars FanMicrobadge: On Mars fan
I have no doubt the revenge you want will be yours in time... If you have the stomach for it! - Lord Varys

This is a rematch of the PBF#341 game which was amazingly won in 4 rounds by
Matt
United States
Washington
flag msg tools

I will be happy to play-mod again. As reward for being Ex-Mod last game, Bantai15 earns a full playing spot. As winner of the last game i also feel Right Brigade earns a spot too. The rest of the roster will be rerolled for houses and Ex-mod. Hope that sounds fair to everyone?

Should any player not be able to play in this game, then public players will fill those spots from the PBF Waitlist/shown interest.

The current roster will be:

dbgomes (Playing Mod) Confirmed
MrRadosny (Ex Mod)
bantai15 Confirmed
Right Brigade Confirmed
Tacitus_COIG Declined
Xapi Confirmed
phx1jjm Confirmed
Mannfred_Carstein Confirmed
Krusikjul Declined
Two2na Confirmed
blured Confirmed

Reserves:
Zhong Confirmed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markús Ingólfsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I can not play another one. Have fun and this one last longar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The 7th Continent fanMicrobadge: FrosthavenMicrobadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars FanMicrobadge: On Mars fan
Now before i post up the usual pre game posts there is one thing i want to pose to group. I love how this community is always doing things to expand the game which is awesome and amazing to see the work they put in.

In the recent forum posts MrRadosny has come up with some tweaks to the original map that we played on last game. His post can be found here for all the details but i quite like the changes that have been made and think they help the board a bit. The biggest change however is the house cards being completely revamped from a mixture of different sources. Different house cards interests me as I'm a little over the original 6 houses cards.

So before we start, i want to put it up to a vote for everyone as to which version we would like to play?

OPTION 1
Same as before with the map we played last round Here from
Victor Kostin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

OPTION 2
Playtest the new version Here from
Tomasz Radwan
Poland
flag msg tools

Please let me know your vote and if Option 2 gets the majority then ill ask for permission from MrRadosny and we can go from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bree
Ireland
flag msg tools
Count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mannfred Carstein
Andorra
Drakenhof Castle
flag msg tools
mb
Count me in too! Option 2 looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Banta
msg tools
Count me in, and Option 2 looks great to me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm in and good with either. Prefer option 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Radwan
Poland
flag msg tools
Hey guys, Dan told me you are thinking about using my variant, glad to hear that. If you decide to try it out, I will surely be following the game just to see how it plays, so by the way I can also ex-mod for you if you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tacitus
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite but I don't have enough time on my hands so I'll have to pass. Have Fun All!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Svensson
Sweden
Malmö
Sverige
flag msg tools
If you need another player I'm definitely interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Awesome, if you're happy to be ex-mod that will help a lot!

Like you say at least you'll get to witness the play test too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools
This will be a AGOTv2 game with 9 players, no tides of battle, no ravens using this Variant by MrRadosny as a rematch with most players from PBF #341 won by Right Brigade

Roster post to follow shortly with people who have shown interest

Variant by
Tomasz Radwan
Poland
flag msg tools

9 Player Browser Map

These first posts are shamelessly stolen from the already existing PBF Essos Invasion, moderated by
Cal
(Cal585) & then restolen from Tactius and again from Icemancometh.
Thanks for creating a setup which can also be used in following PBF's!

Rules and Guidelines

1) When PMing your orders use the following format
GeekMail Subject Format wrote:
Orders:
AGoT PBF [Game #] - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - Orders
Bid:
AGoT PBF [Game #] - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [IT/F/KC/W] Bid: [Bid Amount]
House Card:
AGoT PBF [Game #] - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [Area Name] - [Card Name]
With an Exmod Only send orders to me after I have posted in the thread that mine own orders are submitted to the external mod!

2) When sending orders, be sure to list all territories you currently have units in and don't forget to put a * next to your star orders. If you do not have enough orders for all territories you must declare in the forum which areas will not receive an order.

3) After sending a PM, post on the thread so that we make those slow pokes submit their orders quickly (also this will make things move smoothly, see below).

4) Battles: Let's assume you always support yourself. When submitting your battle card, be sure to list everything and calculate your total strength to prevent mistakes. If you wish to support another player, you must declare it publicly in the thread before I receive the battle card PM from that player. Keep this in mind if you want someone to support you.

5) Changing your mind: I will accept updates/changes to orders/battles until I have an order from each person. If the last person I was waiting for already submitted their order, then no orders can be changed.

6) Ravens to other players (PMs) are not allowed. Discussing deals publicly in the thread is however. Lying is allowed so lie as much as you want!

7) We will use most of the 2nd edition rulebook for all rules. If a question is not answered in the rulebook, we will use Official Responses from FFG. If that still doesn't answer the question, I will make the call. We will play without Tides of Battle.

8) If you see something wrong--either that I did incorrectly or another player let me know right away! I will do my best to correct any mistakes as fairly as possible.

9) When posting in the thread use the following codes so people can easily associate which house you are playing as:

Houses
Will be drawn randomly once we have all 9 players. Feel free to swap.

Mod Banner:

House Stark Banner:

House Greyjoy Banner:

House Arryn Banner:

House Tully Banner:

House Lannister Banner:

House Targaryen Banner:

House Baratheon Banner:

House Tyrell Banner:

House Martell Banner:

Big thanks to Pafnutiy for creating these great banners
Pavel Kornilov
(Pafnutiy)

10) Most important rule: Have fun and don't take things too seriously!

11) We'll assume everyone is experienced with PBF so know where all the resources are, but if you need direction, ask and you shall receive.

Changes

"This add-on includes a new map based on the map of the 2nd edition. The black borders sorrounded by thin white lines are impassable and represent impassable mountain ridges. Same was made for impassable swamp borders. "

The game lasts 10 turns (despite the map showing 12). The number of troops available hasn't increased, the supply track remained the same.
The numbers on the wildlings track have increased by 1,5 times (same as players number).

The biggest change being new house cards for ever house, please refer to the map to see the cards

If two cards text colide each other we will use the rule that the one that takes effect first is the one of the player who is HIGHER in the Iron Throne track

References

Westeros:

Westeros Deck I
3 x Supply (adjust supply)
3 x Mustering (muster units)
2 x Thrones of Blades* (Iron Throne holder chooses Mustering or Supply or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)
* = Wildlings increase in power

Westeros Deck II
3 x Clash of Kings (bid power tokens on influence tracks)
3 x Game of Thrones (gain power tokens)
2 x Dark Wings, Dark Words* (Messenger Raven holder chooses COK or GOT or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)

Westeros Deck III
3 x Wilding Attack (bid power tokens to fend off Wildling Attack)
1 x Sea of Storms* (no raid orders)
1 x Rains of Autumn* (no +1 march orders)
1 x Feast for Crows* (no consolidate power orders)
1 x Web of Lies* (no support orders)
1 x Storm of Swords* (no defence orders)
2 x Put to the Sword (Valyrian Steel holder chooses ROA or StOSw or none)

Wildlings Cards

• Crow Killers
• The Horde Descends
• A King Beyond the Wall
• Mammoth Riders
• Massing on the Milkwater
• Preemptive Raid
• Rattleshirt's Raiders
• Silence at the Wall
• Skinchanger Scout

Crow Killers
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Replaces all of their available Knights with available Footmen. Any Knight unable to be replaced is destroyed.
- Everyone Else: Replaces 2 of their Knights with available Footmen. Any Knight unable to be replaced is destroyed.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: May immediately replace up to 2 Footmen, anywhere, with available Knights.

The Horde Descends
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Destroys 2 of his units at one of his Castles or Strongholds. If unable, destroys 2 of his units anywhere.
- Everyone Else: Destroys 1 of their units anywhere.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: May muster forces (following normal mustering rules) in any one Castle or Stronghold area you control.

A King Beyond the Wall
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Moves his token to the lowest position on every Influence track.
- Everyone Else: In Iron Throne turn order, each player chooses either the Fiefdoms or the King's Court Influence track, and moves their token to the lowest position on that track.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Moves their token to the top of the Influence track of their choice, then takes the appropriate Dominance token.

Mammoth Riders
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Destroys 3 of their units anywhere.
- Everyone Else: Destroys 2 of their units anywhere.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: May retrieve 1 House card of their choice from their discard pile.

Massing on the Milkwater
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: If you have more than one House card in your hand, discard all cards with the highest combat strength.
- Everyone Else: If they have more than one House card in their hand, they must choose and discard one of those cards.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Returns their entire House card discard pile to their hand.

Preemptive Raid
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Chooses one of the following: (A) Destroys 2 of their units anywhere; or, (B) Is reduced 2 positions on their highest Influence track.
- Everyone Else: Nothing happens.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: The wildlings immediately attack again with a strength of 6. You do not participate in this attack (no reward nor penalties).

Rattleshirt's Raiders
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Is reduced 2 positions on the Supply track (to no lower than 0)
- Everyone Else: Is reduced 1 position on the Supply track (to no lower than 0)
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Is increased 1 position on the Supply track (to no higher than 6)

Silence at the Wall
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Nothing happens.
- Everyone Else: Nothing happens.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Nothing happens.

Skinchanger Scout
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Discards all available Power tokens.
- Everyone Else: Discards 2 available Power tokens, or as many as they are able.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: All Power tokens bid on this attack are immediately returned to his available Power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Will await the 3 who have not responded and if not confirmed by tomorrow will substitute and then roll for houses so we can get kicked off. Option 2 looks to have the support so I'm making the call to go with he newer version for a play test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew D
msg tools
Confirming I'd like to play! I'm good with either option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier A. Perez
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
CABA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McKee
United States
Lakeside
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
confirmed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Ok guys going to go with the V2 Map as provided by Mr Radosny. Slight border changes to address balance issues, buffed Tully cards and change to Moat Cailin to further balance the north.

The Starting Map will be this:

http://tinyurl.com/NtrtxhzNLUXfTf61c1Si

Discussions in the forum have talked about adjusting unit numbers but im happy to playtest with standard rules to see the effect as it stands based on geography and cards.

Houses:

dbgomes 1custom9{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Lannister; Martell; Stark; Targaryen; Tully; Tyrell} -> ( Martell) -> ( Martell)

bantai15 1custom8{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Lannister; Stark; Targaryen; Tully; Tyrell} -> ( Targaryen) -> ( Targaryen)

Right Brigade 1custom7{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Lannister; Stark; Tully; Tyrell} -> ( Stark) -> ( Stark)

Xapi 1custom6{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Lannister; Tully; Tyrell} -> ( Lannister) -> ( Lannister)

phx1jjm 1custom5{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Tully; Tyrell} -> ( Baratheon) -> ( Baratheon)

Mannfred_Carstein 1custom4{Arryn; Greyjoy; Tully; Tyrell} -> ( Arryn) -> ( Arryn)

Two2na 1custom3{Greyjoy; Tully; Tyrell} -> ( Tyrell) -> ( Tyrell)

blured 1custom2{Greyjoy; Tully} -> ( Tully) -> ( Tully)

Zhong Left with Greyjoy

Feel free to offer house swaps if you so desire. I'm not fussed either way with house Martell, so if someone really wants a trade let me know. Otherwise i will post later once i have sent my orders to the Ex-Mod and then you can send me yours. Let the roleplay begin.

Lets try and keep the pace up especially with the first few rounds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 812406. dbgomes
  • 1custom9{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Lannister; Martell; Stark; Targaryen; Tully; Tyrell} =
  • ( Martell) =
  • ( Martell)
  • Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:37 am
  • [+]
  • 812412. dbgomes
  • 1custom8{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Lannister; Stark; Targaryen; Tully; Tyrell} =
  • ( Targaryen) =
  • ( Targaryen)
  • Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:39 am
  • [+]
  • 812413. dbgomes
  • 1custom7{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Lannister; Stark; Tully; Tyrell} =
  • ( Stark) =
  • ( Stark)
  • Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:39 am
  • [+]
  • 812415. dbgomes
  • 1custom6{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Lannister; Tully; Tyrell} =
  • ( Lannister) =
  • ( Lannister)
  • Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:40 am
  • [+]
  • 812416. dbgomes
  • 1custom5{Arryn; Baratheon; Greyjoy; Tully; Tyrell} =
  • ( Baratheon) =
  • ( Baratheon)
  • Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:41 am
  • [+]
  • 812417. dbgomes
  • 1custom4{Arryn; Greyjoy; Tully; Tyrell} =
  • ( Arryn) =
  • ( Arryn)
  • Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:42 am
  • [+]
  • 812418. dbgomes
  • 1custom3{Greyjoy; Tully; Tyrell} =
  • ( Tyrell) =
  • ( Tyrell)
  • Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:42 am
  • [+]
  • 812419. dbgomes
  • 1custom2{Greyjoy; Tully} =
  • ( Tully) =
  • ( Tully)
  • Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:43 am
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools

My orders are with the Ex-Mod, so send me your orders once you are happy with your houses. I wont look at any orders until all houses are locked in (in the event a trade needs to occur)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools

A question for the Ex-Mod on Obara Sand's text ability...

"If the embattled area or an area adjacent to it contains a Martell Power Token, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon"

Is the permanent Martell token in Sun Spear regarded as a token for this affect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools

One last point if you didn't see it in the game start post, the map shows 12 rounds, but we will stick to playing the standard 10 rounds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Svensson
Sweden
Malmö
Sverige
flag msg tools
I'm currently playing Greyjoy in another game, so it would be nice to swap if anyone wants? Any other house is fine with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kurz
Australia
Kensington
Western Australia
flag msg tools
I'm also Greyjoy in game #340 so that's about the only house I'm keen to avoid sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bree
Ireland
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm Greyjoy in 339, so no go for me either. Looking forward to playing Tully

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Radwan
Poland
flag msg tools

Yes, the token in Sunspear triggers the effect.

Another clarification you may need is: Robb, Dagmer and Catelyn can place orders which were forbidden by the Westeros cards.

EDIT: correct banner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McKee
United States
Lakeside
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zhong wrote:
I'm currently playing Greyjoy in another game, so it would be nice to swap if anyone wants? Any other house is fine with me.
I am currently Baratheon in another game. I can swap with Greyjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [32] |