Subject: Banner Saga rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is soon going to be KSed by Megacon.
There was some talk about Myth monsters being usable in it,
if I am not mistaken.

Does somebody have more info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember any mentioned of Myth minis being usable in the Banner Saga. Are you sure you're not confusing it with Dark Frontier, an upcoming board game by Adam and Brady Sadler set in the Myth universe? There was mention of that during the Myth JM KS campaign but not much other info yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
okocnar wrote:
The game is soon going to be KSed by Megacon.
There was some talk about Myth monsters being usable in it,
if I am not mistaken.

Does somebody have more info?
The KS is planned for next week.

There is absolutely NO tie in with Myth whatsoever. There are some miniatures in BS, but nothing like we've seen in Myth or RECON.

There is a tower defense game they've talked about called Dark Frontiers that leverages Myth miniatures.

If you want to know more about Banner Saga, its a video game they are translating into a boardgame experience. A quick google search will likely give you the background on BS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I got bored of Banner Saga pretty quickly. It didn't seem to have the depth of something like Myth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
There doesn't seem to be a BGG entry for it, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
modernlife wrote:
I don't remember any mentioned of Myth minis being usable in the Banner Saga. Are you sure you're not confusing it with Dark Frontier, an upcoming board game by Adam and Brady Sadler set in the Myth universe? There was mention of that during the Myth JM KS campaign but not much other info yet.
Yes, you are right - I confused these two, both of them being coop made it I guess. Thanks for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Yes, it puzzles me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
I'm sure that it will go up next week just prior to the KS launch just as they did for the journeyman pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: John Company fanMicrobadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: MYTH fanMicrobadge: Argent: The Consortium fanMicrobadge: Fan of Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island
I am intrigued. but to be added to my collection it will need to offer something different... besides when JM arrives I will have almost too much to play with...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Banner Saga pc game as it has great tactical combat and an epic ever changing story of heroic deeds and difficult moral choices. Also, it has some fantastic music and is very very pretty to look at!

From what I've been able to cobble together (looking at pictures of the game board etc) it seems like you will actually play in a very similar way to the computer game - moving across a map and sometimes fighting battles and sometimes drawing events (similar to Dead of Winter's crossroad cards I imagine).

There's likely an element of resource management as well as that is an important bit in the pc game. Probably managing things like food and morale as well as the number of fighters in your caravan. I'm guessing there will be a number of main characters that have plot armour as well a stable of "NPCs" that you can encounter and add to your group but who might get bumped off through some nasty event etc.

Well, that's my take on it. We'll see how close I got to the truth next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KS begins November 12th, 2pm EST:
https://www.facebook.com/MegaCon-Games-495019887340362/

$190 "Want it All" EB announced. Includes video games. :
http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=a2e8ea5763d8811cfc07728...

The partners wanted the KS earlier than MCG did, perhaps to market the BS2 video game or something.

I'm hesitant to back because MCG still has Recon and Myth 2 to fulfill, and because MCG's handling of the PM and other post-funding was so chaotic. Still, the Myth mini's were good, so if I can get another "bucket-o-mini's" from MCG at a good price, I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited, but so hesitant. It's going to have to be a pretty good deal to get me in on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
For anyone interested in Banner Saga video game, it's currently on sale for $4.99 on Steam (link). Pretty cheap way to get a feel for what the boardgame is all about.

Sale price good through 11/16. Normal price is $19.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big decision maker for me will be if there's any cross compatibility with Myth.

If there is, hopefully it won't be a KS-exclusive so all can reap the benefits from funding further down the line.

I'd be okay with just cards to use some of the enemies in Myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this isn't their IP I highly doubt there will be any crossovers. But who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Amyrin wrote:
Since this isn't their IP I highly doubt there will be any crossovers. But who knows.
Correct. This title has nothing to do with Myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a coy response to this question on FB,.... basically saying:

"does it answer your question if I can't answer your question yet?"

so; it looks like we will see some sort of link,.....

I hope that they are able to split things out like they did with Recon,....

but; I'm guessing that there will be some cards to utilize some of the minis in this campaign with MYTH. I like that idea,...... I just was not planning on Kicking this one and that could be a draw for me.

I'll watch it to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't kick any more from MCG till I get my Recon pledge, the most I'll do is go in at whatever minimum gets me Pledge Manager access. Waiting on two KS deliveries from one company is one more than I should be.

These Kickstarters are so close together, and their team is so small, I fear they are biting off more than they can chew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
zogre wrote:
I can't kick any more from MCG till I get my Recon pledge, the most I'll do is go in at whatever minimum gets me Pledge Manager access. Waiting on two KS deliveries from one company is one more than I should be.

These Kickstarters are so close together, and their team is so small, I fear they are biting off more than they can chew.
They've been working on this for quite some time. Unlike their other KS, this is much further along. Just checkout the KS page and you'll see how much more is there on day1 of the campaign - rules, videos, etc.

Also notice they expect to fulfill this just after Journeyman. This tells me they've got this much further along than other campaigns were when they launched.

I have no interest in this title whatsoever. I will, however, keep an eye on how this progresses. I hope, for the sake of all the people that will back this, that all the bad luck is behind McG. Have you noticed the ave backer investment at this early juncture? $175 a person wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, look. Crates!

And tiny tents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Megacon KS comments:

Quote:
Miniature scale: the humans are size MERCS size. If we hit the SG there is some Myth crossover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
From Megacon KS comments:

Quote:
Miniature scale: the humans are size MERCS size. If we hit the SG there is some Myth crossover.
Well, I am definitely not backing then. I do not want Myth crossovers in a completely unrelated game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they learned from [redacted] and don't make it an exclusive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They said that there will be no exclusive add ons,..... But we will have to wait and see about the stretch goals.

They hinted that there will be avenues to utilize MYTH minis in warbands as well as the other way around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only imagine the Myth crossover stuff to be fairly limited. Banner Saga appears to be a self contained game and it has its own mythology. I can imagine that there would be some Ally or Agent cards to use some of the models in Myth, and perhaps some cards to use some of the heroes and agents as bannermen or followers. Guess we will just have to wait and see what the stretch goals bring.

I just hope they focus on Banner Saga and any Myth crossover stuff much later. I am "all in" on Myth Journeyman, but I would rather they make Banner Saga the best it can be, before offering any Myth stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |