Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
:-)))
badge
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to clarify in a single thread all the type of campaigns and how they works (specially the mailbox campaigns).

1. Billboard campaign
Edit (as Jeroen wrote bellow): the soft drink campaign is placed illegally (not next to a road). Also, it was placed the mailbox counter #10 by mistake.

2.1 Mailbox campaign (1)

2.2 Mailbox campaign (2)

2.3 Mailbox campaign (3)

2.4 Mailbox campaign (4)

3.1 Airplane campaign (1)

3.2 Airplane campaign (2)

4. Radio campaign
Edit (as Jeroen confirmed bellow): Radios need to be placed next to the road. The unlimited range means that the radio marketeer can place a radio anywhere on the board (next to a road). So radio 2 (on the right) is illegally placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to confirm that all blocks on the Mailbox campaigns in images 1 and 2 are correct... surprise

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, looks good!

The only (small) error is that in the billboard picture, the soft drink campaign is placed illegally (not next to a road).
Also, it seems to be mailbox counter #10 by mistake .

Thanks for the efforts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
Yes, looks good!

The only (small) error is that in the billboard picture, the soft drink campaign is placed illegally (not next to a road).
Also, it seems to be mailbox counter #10 by mistake .

Thanks for the efforts!
Hi Jeroen, thanks for your confirmation and for the double check on the other campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
badge
@Kubenboa
mbmbmbmbmb
If i understand well, the soft drink campaign is placed irregulary because the billboard have to be next to a road on his longer side ? Right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FitzChevalery wrote:
If i understand well, the soft drink campaign is placed irregularly because the billboard have to be next to a road on his longer side ? Right ?
Right. That's it. The campaign for the soft drink should be connected by road (so it's an illegal placement).

According to the rules:
Quote:
Placing the campaign: Billboards, mailboxes and radios must be placed on empty squares on the board. They must connect to the road used to reach the tile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FitzChevalery wrote:
If i understand well, the soft drink campaign is placed irregulary because the billboard have to be next to a road on his longer side ? Right ?
The soft drink campaign (in the lower right hand corner of the picture, red token) is placed illegally because it is not orthogonality adjacent to a road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgd wrote:
FitzChevalery wrote:
If i understand well, the soft drink campaign is placed irregularly because the billboard have to be next to a road on his longer side ? Right ?
Right. That's it. The campaign for the soft drink should be connected by road (so it's an illegal placement).

According to the rules:
Quote:
Placing the campaign: Billboards, mailboxes and radios must be placed on empty squares on the board. They must connect to the road used to reach the tile...
The same applies to the pizza radio campaign in the last example. I should also be placed next to a road.
Edit: actually I am a bit unsure, since you actually do not need any road to "reach" the tile, since the radio marketeer has unlimited air range (I mean the zeppelin symbol).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
tmgd wrote:
FitzChevalery wrote:

According to the rules:
Quote:
The same applies to the pizza radio campaign in the last example. I should also be placed next to a road.
Edit: actually I am a bit unsure, since you actually do not need any road to get to the tile, since the radio marketeer has unlimited air range (I mean the zeppelin symbol).
Yes, true - radios need to be placed next to the road . The unlimited range means that the radio marketeer can place a radio anywhere on the board (next to a road).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a clarification. In image 2.1, are House #12 and the Santa Maria Pizza restaurant on separate blocks?

For example, if the Santa maria moved, would a mailbox in that space reach house 12?

I think the answer is no, but since you cant directly reach the road on the west side of house 12 from the road on the north side of the house, they may not form a complete "block"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cubbieblue wrote:
Just a clarification. In image 2.1, are House #12 and the Santa Maria Pizza restaurant on separate blocks?

For example, if the Santa maria moved, would a mailbox in that space reach house 12?

I think the answer is no, but since you cant directly reach the road on the west side of house 12 from the road on the north side of the house, they may not form a complete "block"
Both houses and the restaurant are on the same block, as the drawn brown line indicates. Only streets are borders of blocks (no houses or restaurants or other campaigns). If the mailbox would switch places with the Santa Maria restaurant, it would still reach house 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:

Both houses and the restaurant are on the same block, as the drawn brown line indicates. Only streets are borders of blocks (no houses or restaurants or other campaigns). If the mailbox would switch places with the Santa Maria restaurant, it would still reach house 12.
You're talking about the wrong image. I'm referring to the first mailbox image, (2.1 Mailbox Campaign (1)) with the Red green and blue highlighted blocks, not the second one, with the brown highlighted block. It's confusing because the two roads that form that corner don't intersect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cubbieblue wrote:
ringo84 wrote:

You're talking about the wrong image. I'm referring to the first mailbox image, (2.1 Mailbox Campaign (1)) with the Red green and blue highlighted blocks, not the second one, with the brown highlighted block. It's confusing because the two roads that form that corner don't intersect.
You'd still have to cross a street to reach one or the other, both are completely enclosed by roads.

Blocks are defined as spaces bordered by streets and nothing else. Not other houses or restaurants or marketing chits. I really don't see why this needs so many clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cubbieblue wrote:
ringo84 wrote:

I got confused by the numbering. I did not expect that there are two 2.1 shake
However, Benji's answer is correct. House 12 cannot be reached by any mailbox campaign, as the mailman would need to cross a street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
badge
@Kubenboa
mbmbmbmbmb
So radio 2 (on the right) is illegally placed, right ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FitzChevalery wrote:
Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
badge
@Kubenboa
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
FitzChevalery wrote:
Correct
Thanks, i try to understand well the placement before explaining game to my friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
cubbieblue wrote:
ringo84 wrote:

I got confused by the numbering. I did not expect that there are two 2.1 shake
However, Benji's answer is correct. House 12 cannot be reached by any mailbox campaign, as the mailman would need to cross a street.
Sorry, fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Stepnowski

Halethorpe
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2.1 the blue block is incorrect I believe. In the upper right there is an underpass, a player could place a house below the underpass that doesn't connect to the main blue block road and would not be able to be serviced by a mailbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
BAD PLAYER
badge
10, 11, 101, 111, 1011, 1101, 10001, ...
mbmbmbmbmb
bobstepnowski wrote:
In 2.1 the blue block is incorrect I believe. In the upper right there is an underpass, a player could place a house below the underpass that doesn't connect to the main blue block road and would not be able to be serviced by a mailbox.
You seem to assume that a house can only be affected by marketing tiles it can reach by road. This isn't in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobstepnowski wrote:
All that matters is the area bound by the surrounding roads and board edges. Whether the road actually traces a path to the marketing tile is irrelevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls