Tokaido Collector's Edition» Forums » General

Subject: November 6th Update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Would a KS backer kindly post the update here for the rest of us? Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Queen Games "Greed" Contest participantMicrobadge: P.O.W.E.R. Core Games "P.O.W.E.R. Air/Sea Expansion" Contest participantMicrobadge: University of KentuckyMicrobadge: Basketball fanMicrobadge: Your Mom
Update #69 For backers only.

Nov 6 2015

Painted minis production

20 Comments

64 likes
Hello everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful week!

Status on the production/shipping of the unpainted is still “ongoing”. The unpainted pledges are being produced and when a batch is ready, they are directly shipped towards the logistic platforms.

Today we will therefore mostly speak about the painted minis, their status of validation and the production process that we’ve implanted in order to save some time.

Painting/production process of the painted minis

As we explained in the last update, the base colors have been validated and we are waiting for the additional effects (stamps and washes) to validate the final production. But in order to save some time, we’ve suggested another way to proceed to the factory and that is how we are going to work.

The production of painted minis has started and is occurring in 3 steps:

1) They sent us samples (the ones you can see below) of the figurines with their base paint on. We validated all the base paint models and the factory has started producing the figurines (you can see a picture of Antoine’s arm in mass production) with the application of the base paint only.

2) They are currently sending us the “Step 2 samples”. This step consist in the application of details and stamps on the base paint models. For example, the eyebrows, the eyes, etc. Once we receive those samples, we will validate them and they will start Step 2 of the production: the application of stamps and details on the already produced base paint figurines.

3) Once we validate the stamps and details on the samples, they will send us a third batch of samples with the washes on. Once we’ve received and validated them, the factory will apply the washes in mass production on the figurines that will already have their base paint and their details/stamps.

Proceeding this way is allowing us to save some time and to not delay the production by waiting for the samples. Launching Step 1 and Step 2 before validating the additional washes allow us to save as much time as each Step takes to be completed.

The painted minis production has started and as mentioned afore here is the picture of the arm of the Antoine’s figurine, being produced in series.

And to finish the week with a happy image, here are below all 35 figurines in a cute family portrait!
Have a great weekend everyone,
Kindly,
Doria

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chad.

I have to say I'm not liking how the bases on the minis look--jagged/uneven. Being relatively new to board games, I'm wondering if that's something that can't be done better. I have games with hard plastic pieces (Pandemic, off the top of my head) that don't have that issue, but those pieces also aren't very complex, requiring many paint colors, washes, etc. Is it because the Tokaido CE minis are more complex in detail that the bases have to suffer in quality, or is this a factory issue?

Definitely interested in the answer to this as a newcomer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll want to watch this thread for future updates (rather than starting a new thread each time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls