Subject: Another Full-Coop idea, from Rob. Crusoe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raphael G.
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Winter is coming and Castaways will hit the table very soon... and the familly is still willig to play full-coop.
So I came up with another way to make use of Story Points (SP), inspired by the Determination Token in Robinson Crusoe Cursed Island.

The idea is to give a few special powers to the caracters that can be activated by spending SP (replacing their current hability).

For example, the fisherman could :
- take a fish for 1 SP (without having to take the fishing action)
- re-roll a dice for 2 SP
- ??? for 3 SP

For example, the strong man could :
- take a wood for 1 SP (without take the wood action)
- re-roll a dice for 2 SP
- add one SP value to a strengh test

What I like with the idea is that it would give some more option to the players while giving more freedom in actions (so the fisherman would not have to be the one to go fishing every turn)

Of course :
- it requires some work to design & test that idea
- it is even further than what the game is supposed to be

I am going to think a bit more about this "variant" and in the meantime I look forward to reading some comments...
Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Burgalassi
Italy
flag msg tools
I bought the game one month ago and i immediately thought about this possibility. It's so annoying that, for example, the fisherman HAS to go fishing every turn, or all the player will get mad with him.
Other ideas can be
-the strong man can build things faster (by reducing the energy cost) for some SP
-the explorer can look at the next card and choose to put that on top or bottom of the deck for some SP
-the cook improves his skill and can use 1 non-perishable food in order to get 2 perishable food for some SP
-the "healer" can cure traumas even if the result of the dice is 3 or 4 for some SP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.